F.A.Q.

Have you got the OVO Energy app?

Have you got the OVO Energy app?

Show first post

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The latest update I have is that the ETA for moving accounts from the old system to the new one is by the end of next month.

Userlevel 2

Thankyou @Blastoise186 sadly up to the end of the year has always been the promise, I guess a small positive is that at least the nine month or so prediction hasn’t got worse 🙁

Your app is really awkward to use when you have gas and electric. Also when I used to submit a reading on my previous suppliers app it would calculate exactly how much I owe whereas yours doesn’t which means I can’t keep a proper record of what I’m paying monthly. Please sort this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, the OVO Energy app already does this. Your balance gets updated within seconds of a reading being submitted. Check under Payments and you’ll see it in the latest billing cycle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Mik153 

Welcome to the forum, I am just a customer like you

Do you mind saying who your previous supplier was?

I was with SSE 

Userlevel 7

Some interesting feedback, @Mik153 - thanks very much. 

We want to make the OVO app best in class. So this is valuable. 

Your point about the live balance update, as @Blastoise186 mentions. This should already be the expected behaviours of the app on receipt of a meter reading:

Although I’d recommend turbo charging this live balance with a smart meter

Actually, the OVO Energy app already does this. Your balance gets updated within seconds of a reading being submitted. Check under Payments and you’ll see it in the latest billing cycle.

It’s still not the easiest app , everything is in different sections. I have both gas and electric with Ovo and just moving between accounts to enter readings is a real pain and then to see your current balance you have to open yet another tab. SSE had a much easier and quicker app to navigate and use , Ovo needs to sort theirs out imo

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That’s just change in my opinion. If everything was the same across everything, it’d be boring.

You’ll probably get used to it over time - it may just take a while but it’s not worth “fixing” something for one person whilst simultaneously breaking it for literally everyone else.

That's where you and I differ, l don't think making an app easy to use is going to break it for everyone else. L will of course get used to it but doesn't give me an incentive to stay when

I'm checking for better deals etc.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Mik153,

This Tutorial Collection might be helpful to you:

The app still doesn’t work They “migrated” me in October still not “migrated”  In spite of several chats and emails ensuring me it would be up and running soon That was in November lol

Userlevel 7

Hey @robbok,

I’ve responded to you on this topic:

The app still doesn’t work They “migrated” me in October still not “migrated”  In spite of several chats and emails ensuring me it would be up and running soon That was in November lol

Hi,

My app for usage stopped daily updates about 5/6 weeks ago, if I delete the app and reinstall, it will update to the day before. It will not keep giving me my previous days usage each and every day. To get the latest usage readings I have to delete and reinstall the app. Is anyone else having this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sounds like a bug to me @stuartm . Have you let Support know?

Tried to contact them today but was taking to long, so decided to try the forum to see if it was only me or more prevalent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

This is the first report I’ve seen. But thanks for raising it.

Please tell me what Device/OS you’re using e.g. Samsung Galaxy A54 with Android 14 and what the App Version and CodePush Version is under Account > App Details.

Userlevel 6

Hey @stuartm 

Sorry to hear about this issue, I’ve fed it back to the team for you and I believe they will be reaching out to you directly via private message soon with some questions. Keep an eye out for a message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

No reply from your team! 13 days later. The app still doesn’t work says “we’re upgrading our app”. BTW I’m not “reaching out”. I’m complaining!!!  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @robbok

We are using this topic for any updates to customers affected by the app migration:

https://ovo-en.insided.com/my-account-140/when-will-i-get-access-to-my-online-account-16854?page=6&size=25

Any updates will be made when they become available 🙂