Solved

Do I need to get a smart meter and the OVO Homeplan if I sign up to the 2 Year Fix and Protect plan?

• 30 April 2022
  • 4 replies

My Fixed deal ends soon

If I take the 2 year Fix and Protect—-am I obliged to have a smart meter and OVO HomePlan—I want neither?

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 2 May 2022, 11:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

From reading the T&C's of that product, it looks like it offers energy and the HomePlan as a package. If you don't want HomePlan then that isn't the product for you.

And yes, it also requires that you get a smart meter.

Userlevel 7

From reading the T&C's of that product, it looks like it offers energy and the HomePlan as a package. If you don't want HomePlan then that isn't the product for you.

And yes, it also requires that you get a smart meter.

Great advice on the eligibility requirements of our 2 Year Fix and Protect plan, @M.isterW.

If you’re not interested in the HomePlan or smart meter aspect of this plan it might be worth considering our other available fixed plans, Better Energy and 2 Year Fixed@dobsonma. Have you checked out your renewal options by logging in to your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) yet?

Just had a invite to renew with various options at differing prices.

1. There is a 2 year fixed loyalty bundle @£359 a month(which also has a boiler breakdown protection for a add on from £10 a month).
  2. There is also a 2 year fixed at £366 a month.

So the question is, is 1. dependant on the having the boiler boiler protection package? I know the £7 a month difference is not staggering but in context of the 150% estimated monthly increase its meaningful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @StAlbans !

A quick read through of the terms of the OVO Two Year Fix and Protect deal (which is pretty close to that loyalty offer) suggests that if you don’t want OVO HomePlan boiler cover, you simply need to take the tariff and not set up the boiler cover element. Likewise, you will NOT be charged for OVO HomePlan Essentials cover unless you actually apply for that service and get accepted. The tariff just gives you a discount on the boiler cover, but can be taken without it if you prefer.

Alternatively, you could go for the second option and not get the discounted offer. Feel free to go either way.