Solved

Can we get access to the OVO energy online account API to download our smart meter usage data?

Show first post

227 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Simon1D was that 30 minute data?  I registered via web as indicated above.  They downloaded my usage over 12 months (the time I have had a smart meter).  However the CSV download only had limited 30 minute data for about 15 days and nothing else.  I have tried subsequently and got no more data - even current data.  I did try to register via the smart app and got authentication failure.

I reckon I messed up and confused the systems.  I have not had time (nor the will power) to investigate further.

In the end I sampled winter and summer day consumptions over a limited number of days via OVO usage stats and used the average as my “typical” consumption summer/winter for determining if Solar would be good for me.  Surprisingly (not sure if I should be) the results came out not dissimilar to the online “business case” models.

Userlevel 7

@Simon1Dwas that 30 minute data?  I registered via web as indicated above.  They downloaded my usage over 12 months (the time I have had a smart meter).  However the CSV download only had limited 30 minute data for about 15 days and nothing else.  I have tried subsequently and got no more data - even current data.  I did try to register via the smart app and got authentication failure.

I reckon I messed up and confused the systems.  I have not had time (nor the will power) to investigate further.

In the end I sampled winter and summer day consumptions over a limited number of days via OVO usage stats and used the average as my “typical” consumption summer/winter for determining if Solar would be good for me.  Surprisingly (not sure if I should be) the results came out not dissimilar to the online “business case” models.

It was 30 min data yes (with very occasional gaps, which are faithfully preserved in the hourly, daily, weekly etc totals that the Bright App also shows - apparently everything derives from the 30 min data), but it was retrieved in Feb 2021 which was before it became possible to download CSV data via a web page.

I don’t know of any way to extract the data from the app, so perhaps that wouldn’t be so useful to you anyway.