Pinned Solved

Why is my meter beeping?

• 17 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Why is my meter beeping its driving my dog mad and she wont come into the house

Updated on 12/07/2019
icon

Best answer by Amandaagar 18 June 2018, 16:35

Hi thank u for answering but i phoned ovo today and they said it was the battery going (normally last 20 years but some dont ) so got to wait for someone to be in our area and the dogs gone mental refusing to come in from outside
View original

4 replies

Mine has started to do the same.....either 2 beeps or a single beep every 10 minutes or so...it's breaking me
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @Amandaagar and @Jutd1974. That sounds really annoying. Is it the electricity meter, the gas meter or the In Home display unit that is beeping?
Hi thank u for answering but i phoned ovo today and they said it was the battery going (normally last 20 years but some dont ) so got to wait for someone to be in our area and the dogs gone mental refusing to come in from outside
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@Amandaagar Oh dear! Hopefully it will be resolved quickly and thank you for replying as we now know what the beeping means!

It's good that you noticed and reported it as other users have reported that when their battery ran out the whole meter stopped working and they had no gas! Maybe they didn't hear the beeping or ignored it??!