Solved

Why is my IHD only displaying gas usage?

• 13 December 2018
  • 10 replies

My Chameleon IHD is only displaying my gas usage and not electricity. Signal is good and everything else is working ok but electricity usage is not showing. Any ideas please
icon

Best answer by Beth_OVO 14 December 2018, 12:58

Hey @MickG

It sounds like be a communication issue with the meter and the IHD, so it may also be worth checking with the Customer Service team at hello@ovoenergy.com or messaging the facebook/Twitter team to see!

We may get you to carry out a quick survey; your answers will help us work out what’s causing the problem! Here are the questions you'll be asked:

On the electricity meter, can you confirm if the middle of the 3 red lights (labeled as WAN) near the top left of the meter is flashing or solid? In the bottom right hand corner of the gas smart meter screen, there is a HAN symbol. The symbol itself will either be; flashing or solid. Can you tell me which?

When you press 0 on the keypad of both meters, can you tell us if the meter display begins to cycle through various screens; starting with the date and time, or displays the phrase 'COMMISSION - YES OR NO'?

Thanks,
Beth
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Hey @MickG

It sounds like be a communication issue with the meter and the IHD, so it may also be worth checking with the Customer Service team at hello@ovoenergy.com or messaging the facebook/Twitter team to see!

We may get you to carry out a quick survey; your answers will help us work out what’s causing the problem! Here are the questions you'll be asked:

On the electricity meter, can you confirm if the middle of the 3 red lights (labeled as WAN) near the top left of the meter is flashing or solid? In the bottom right hand corner of the gas smart meter screen, there is a HAN symbol. The symbol itself will either be; flashing or solid. Can you tell me which?

When you press 0 on the keypad of both meters, can you tell us if the meter display begins to cycle through various screens; starting with the date and time, or displays the phrase 'COMMISSION - YES OR NO'?

Thanks,
Beth
Had someone round this morning (9/1/19) to fit a new ovo smart meter, the electric seems to be displaying the price fine, but the gas dosnt show a price just little lines where the figure should be, the same for when you press to display both prices combined, yet it does show a kw figure for the gas. Is there something wrong ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Had someone round this morning (9/1/19) to fit a new ovo smart meter, the electric seems to be displaying the price fine, but the gas dosnt

There could be a number of things that's causing this@aza23 , like the IHD being too far from the new gas meter, or the gas meter not linked up with us yet.

Reach out to our Customer Care team for this to be checked, if it's still an issue of course!

- Send over a PM via Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/ovoenergy/
- A DM via Twitter: @OVOEnergy
- Email us at: hello@ovoenergy.com
The smart meter is giving me data for gas, but I get a message stating Elec data unavailable?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
The smart meter is giving me data for gas, but I get a message stating Elec data unavailable?

Have a read of this topic @Debsnape - sounds like the issue Beth advised on in the 'best answer'...
Had my smart meters fitted today. The bloke said that the gas should show on my ihd after 2 hours. He left here at around 11.30 and it's still not showing?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Hayley w,

Sorry for the delayed response on this. Has the gas usage appeared on your IHD yet?

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
@Hayley w - Have a read of the answers here if you're still not seeing your gas usage on your IHD.

Thanks,
Ed
Hi

I have had a smart meter fitted now for a few weeks. All was going well until on the IHD it no longer shows the electricity and it is no longer sending readings on the MyOVO account. I have looked at the instructions and don't seem to understand what to do. Looking at the meter I have green flashing lights for WAN & HAN e.t.c.

The gas has been unaffected.

Please help.
Userlevel 3
I've moved you post here, @jfretter91, you'll find the into you need above.

Cheers!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings