Show the OVO account number on all pages of the online account

Related products: Online account

When signed in, can the account number be displayed on all pages, in the top right corner so when calling or using chat it can quickly be referred to or copy/pasted without searching.

It’s difficult to remember where it is, even with spending more time engaging with this website than ever before.

Personally, I’m not too keen on that myself. As forum volunteers, we’re constantly taking screenshots from MyOVO and having to remember to redact yet another thing every single time is going to be painful for us. I also fear it could cause even more personal data leaks from screenshots posted on the forum by other users.

You’ll always find it on the home page of MyOVO though!

If it’s at the top can it be left out of the screenshot?

For us? Maybe. But loads of forum users don’t know how to edit screenshots or screenshot just certain parts of the screen and just hit Print Screen then chuck their entire screen onto a forum post. We’ve already had to report quite a few posts and comments for personal data leaks based on that.

And most people don’t want to be told to use Snipping Tool or Snip & Sketch to just get the part we need.

Oh okay, I use Shift+command+4, and select part of the screen.

That only works on a Mac though. Win + Shift + S exists on Windows to do the same thing, but many people don’t know about it. :)

I can see the benefit of this, @Loopmoth. Thanks for the feature idea, let’s see how much interest it gets. 

I’ll change this to ‘open for votes’ so our online account team see it. 

New→Open for votes

it could cause even more personal data leaks from screenshots posted on the forum by other users.

What possible use could a criminal make of my OVO account number? Sure, it’s ‘personal data’ inasmuch as it’s unique to the account holder, but I can’t see (yet) why it’s risky to expose it in a public forum.