EV charging cheap rate tariff like octopus

Come on Ovo get the cheep rate sorted for EVs or more and more customers will be drifting away to octopus etc. 

Updated idea statusNewOpen for votes

Hi @C Emerson 

A really great suggestion in terms of our current EV plan offering. I’ll forward this one on to the team, in the meantime I’ve open it up for votes to see the level of interest in other members. 🙂

Thanks for this idea, @C Emerson 

We’re going to change the status of this idea to ‘Can’t be done yet’, as EV plans aren’t covered by the digital product teams working with us here on Forum Ideas. 

It will be really useful for our EV and commercial teams to see the interest this idea gets, so we’ll leave it here in ‘Ideas’ to collect (or not collect) votes...

Updated idea statusOpen for votesCan't be done yet

are you making it too complicated by trying to link it to the car recharge usage only rathe than taking the half hourly reads  for thee hours selected and deducting the normal  usage for that time? 

Not that simple to do I’m afraid. There’s too many factors and too much filtering that would have to take place, and it’d be open to a lot of potential abuse.

Metering what the EV uses is much simpler and easier to calculate in comparison, as you simply need to calculate how much eco juice the EV pulled from the charger during eligible charging sessions.

i know, i can see that people might make use of other kit at the same time, but the car usage is an obvious spike.   But i know the car app / system will say the battery has gained x KW  but the app for my home charger will show a higher number because of the energy consumed in the process.  For some reason the chargers software  isn't a system match   Surely they just need to agree a report requirement  form all chargers to feed into the suppliers system

any progress on widening the use of EV charging overnight Jess or Tim?

its time for me to choose my supplier:-)  Cheaper overnight EV charging is the clinching issue for me

Is your car or charger not compatible with +Anytime @1954hlm ?

Both I'm afraid, 

I already had a charger when I joined ovo and they say its not compatible even though the company say they have reached out to ovo.

As the cars systens aren't in place yet its not either,  but it is on octopus,  Ford is a little known manufacturer 😁

Oooh don't get many Ford EV posts!

You are right, Ford cars are compatible with the Intelligent tariff that gives 6 hours cheap overnight.

Switching to octopus as ovo are moving too slow

Switching to octopus as ovo are moving too slow

Have you tried this from OVO?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime?utm_source=website&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=feb_primary_banner

Registered an interest weeks ago and had no communication or update since.  

Registered an interest weeks ago and had no communication or update since.  

Can you actually sign up  as of today? Looks like the page changed this morning. 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime?utm_source=website&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=feb_primary_banner

Maybe but intelegent octopus works off the half hourly meter reads not ev only additional software 

If its live, it begs a question if customers have registered an interest why havent we been updated.?..

Maybe but intelegent octopus works off the half hourly meter reads not ev only additional software 

If its live, it begs a question if customers have registered an interest why havent we been updated.?..

Intelligent Octopus only works with the following:

We can currently connect with Tesla, Jaguar, Land Rover, Ford, Audi, BWM, Mini, Skoda and Volkswagen (excluding ID models), OR any car that uses an Ohme charger.

Intelligent Octopus requires compatible cars or chargers like the OVO offering. 

You may be getting confused with Octopus Go that simply works with half hour meter readings overnight. 

@Tim_OVO should people who registered for interest have been contacted? 

Noop, It works by interacting with the above cars charging system, via a internet link, to charge outside of the overnight window or programme the charging to assist balancing the grid, but you still get the lower rate from the time stipulated on all use.