Energy Price Calculator

Related products: OVO app

A lot of people have concerns about energy bills. It would be great is there was a calculator that allowed you to look at your past consumption and price and potential future cost compare it to a set of predefined defaults (such as the standard rate) or a calculator you can enter. 

This will make it easier for customers to understand how price changes could affect them or how by reducing their energy use it could save money.

my pension provider has tool like this to help you explore your options. . 

Howdy @chrispirie84 !

Thanks for posting this idea. Just so you’re aware, this particular comment was left by a forum volunteer, but OVO will likely respond officially within two weeks.

I can definitely see where you’re going here and it has potential. The only worry for me is whether it could be accurate - especially for Standard Variable Tariffs.

I’ve poked Tim and he’ll check in soon. :)

Nice idea this, @chrispirie84 - I’ll change the status to ‘Open for votes’ and our OVO app team will be back here with the latest on this later in August. 

Updated idea statusNewOpen for votes

Thanks @Tim_OVO 

more than happy to talk through the idea or help draw up some wireframes… can you tell I work in IT systems :-) 

Our product teams would love to hear a bit more about this one, @chrispirie84.

Can you have a look at the OVO app and online account, and let us know which features you think could be expanded upon to show this kind of energy price calculator insight?

A lot of people have concerns about energy bills. It would be great is there was a calculator that allowed you to look at your past consumption and price and potential future cost compare it to a set of predefined defaults (such as the standard rate) or a calculator you can enter. 

This will make it easier for customers to understand how price changes could affect them or how by reducing their energy use it could save money.

my pension provider has tool like this to help you explore your options. . 

Is there such a thing as an independent energy cost calculator? I have all the meter readings and I'd just like to check what the bill should be as I've not received one since moving to this company. Thanks

When did you move in to the OVO supplied property, @vokar? Did you set up an account with OVO?

See OVO’s guide on moving home here.