Skip to main content

We have THTC with consumer units for Storage heaters,fixed appliances & lighting/mains.

Will we be able to move to Economy 9 when the new meter is installed ?

Will all consumer units be connected by Ovo to the new meter ?

Can the power be delivered without being on a timer so we can manually control the heating.

Would like some idea of where we from here & whether the future will be more expensive.

Thanks

What do they refer to as I need to enter them & I am not sure which boxes are relevant.

That’s a very good question, which I was rather hoping wouldn’t come up. TOU Rate 1 should be the peak rate register , while TOU Rate 2 is for offpeak - but we have seen cases where they were the other way round. To be sure, tomorrow morning take a pair of readings at, say, 09:00. Then another pair an hour or two later. The one that has increased is the peak register. If it’s not TOU Rate 1, I think there’s another change that OVO will have to do remotely when they decide they’re able to. I’ve got my fingers 🤞🏻crossed for you! 

Hey @connorsbjc 

Sorry you’re still having some issues, but I’m so glad to see Firedog is helping you through a lot of this.

If you’d be able to do what Firedog’s suggested in the last reply, you’ll be able to tell which is the peak and which is off-peak.

What do they refer to as I need to enter them & I am not sure which boxes are relevant.

That’s a very good question, which I was rather hoping wouldn’t come up. TOU Rate 1 should be the peak rate register , while TOU Rate 2 is for offpeak - but we have seen cases where they were the other way round. To be sure, tomorrow morning take a pair of readings at, say, 09:00. Then another pair an hour or two later. The one that has increased is the peak register. If it’s not TOU Rate 1, I think there’s another change that OVO will have to do remotely when they decide they’re able to. I’ve got my fingers 🤞🏻crossed for you! 

Keep us updated with this and how you get on.

Thanks I have sorted that bit now.

Tou 1 is Peak.

Was again in contact by phone with Ovo this morning to find out why they haven’t yet done the reconfiguration of my meter remotely after a week. I eventually got the advisor to understand my problem & she went to a colleague & came back with the answer that they didn’t have all the details of my meter & will have to wait until they do. What details do they need one wonders ?

I am going to go quiet now for a week & see if there is progress .

I am paying approximately 50p day more for heating than I should,which is acceptable for a short period,hence the reason I am pushing them to get the meter reconfigured.

Tou 1 is Peak.

At least they got that bit right!

I am going to go quiet now for a week & see if there is progress .

That sounds like a good plan. Meanwhile, if you have switches for your heating equipment, you could try for the time being having them on only during the night (would that be 01:00 - 08:00 BST for you, or some other local E7 variant?). It might not work as well as having the daytime boosts, but it could save you those 50p a day ... 

Thanks.As it stands now this is my scenario.

The power to the heaters is only available to me between 1am/8am, of which 4hrs is the peak.

I only switch the heating on for the 1am/8am period,but usually get up by 6am to turn it off early.

So in the few hours the heating is powered it gives me enough heat for the day.

Those few hours after 1am the power is on is where the 50p extra comes in so I can’t avoid it.

The only concern I have is not knowing when it will all be corrected.

Maybe my next post will have good news 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not had any more news from Ovo in the last 2 weeks with regard to my meter issue.

BUT, just had an email from them to say my meter is not sending readings & they are sending an engineer.

Apparently he is going to change the meter 🤷🏼‍♂️

I can only hope that is the problem, if not we begin again.

Does anybody know a way of escalating this beyond advisors who read from a script ?