Skip to main content
Solved

What are the OVO FiT rates?

With Southern Electric I was paid an amount for Generated electric on my generation meter which was around 60p per unit and then paid for exported electric which was about 5p, is this the same with OVO and if so what are the rates, I only ever give the generation metre numbers, the export is on a different smart meter, and I have spoken to the 'FiT team' they just keep repeating the same phrase and are unable to answer any of my questions, for example why has my income dropped from 180 pounds with SE to barely 15 pounds with OVO. I hope someone can help.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you change FIT provider your rates should remain the same. If OVO aren't giving you the same rate they are wrong.

Have they told you what rates you're getting?

Badge

Yes they told me I'm getting 4p per unit I'm not getting my 60 odd pence for my generation, they just said their sorry and they understand why I'm angry, but none of this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It sounds like they've put you on to the Smart Export Guarantee. When you moved did you tell them you wanted to move your FIT tariff?

I am wondering why you moved from SE. There's no benefit in moving your FIT provider.

Badge

I did not tell them anything, I had no notification it was being moved until I tried to ring in my numbers to SE

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've just realised you were with SSE, hence the move to OVO. Sorry, I should have spotted that from your original post.

I would start by raising a complaint. You should have been kept on the same FIT tariff when you were moved to OVO.

Badge

I have raised a complaint but they just more or less say sorry, that's the way it is, I told them I was unhappy with this as an explanation a complaint was raised and I've heard nothing since

Userlevel 7

Updated on 23/04/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Hi @PhotoMorph and thanks for flagging this. 

Based on the feed in tariff prices here, there’s a few different factors that go into the prices, meaning it’s not always one flat rate for everyone. Our trained feed in tariff agents are best placed to advise on the specifics in your case, but I appreciate you’re not happy with the answer you’ve been getting up until now. They can either work with you to resolve the question, or escalate your complaint, so I’d recommend speaking to them directly again. If you call our main contact number (0330 303 5063) and you’re only with OVO for your FIT account, you’ll get straight through to them. Otherwise you’ll need to select an option via your phone keypad. 

Hope this helps,
Tim

Badge

We had our panels installed in December 2011, please could someone confirm this years rates from 1st April 2024  thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can find all the tables via Ofgem

Badge

Yes, but one of the reasons I am asking is to clarify an email sent by OVO which seems to contradict Ofgem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ofgem are the overseers of the whole scheme but as you will see from the tables, there are variations depending on your system and installed date. 
It might be worth checking that they have your correct system specs. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @MAG1036,

Are you able to post a screenshot of the email you have? This would give us more context and an idea how to help guide you to the answers. If you could ensure no personal information is on the screenshot please 🙂