Solved

What time does cheaper EV rate apply on Charge Anytime?

• 25 January 2023
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Badge

Thanks ,I'm hoping other Charge anytime users can confirm this please?

My overriding though is we all need to be careful.

The Anytime tariff will continue to be cheap while the majority of users normally give the system as long as possible to charge during the cheapest times of day and night. It is also better for the environment.

I wouldn't recommend this fast charging during the day becomes the norm for lots of people, else everyone will ultimately suffer on the Anytime plan. Peak time electricity costs can be eye wateringly expensive for OVO to purchase. There needs to be a level of personal responsibility with these sort of tariff.

Yes agree, very well said. 

Having another think about this, I highly doubt my driving pattern would require daytime charging.

I think originally I was getting worried about charging.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

My overriding though is we all need to be careful.

The Anytime tariff will continue to be cheap while the majority of users normally give the system as long as possible to charge during the cheapest times of day and night. It is also better for the environment.

I wouldn't recommend this fast charging during the day becomes the norm for lots of people, else everyone will ultimately suffer on the Anytime plan. Peak time electricity costs can be eye wateringly expensive for OVO to purchase. There needs to be a level of personal responsibility with these sort of tariff.

Yes agree, very well said. 

Having another think about this, I highly doubt my driving pattern would require daytime charging.

I think originally I was getting worried about charging.

I think the odd time day time fast charging is fine, that is the great advantage of the tariff.

Good luck with your EV !

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just joined OVO and I had assumed it would work overnight, but seeing this thread I decided to try to recharge my PHEV after I had been out to the shops this morning - set the time to 90 minutes ahead and it worked - Went out again in afternoon and reset for tomorrow morning at 7.00 as I had been doing before. 

I’m using a 13amp socket so it takes a while but my PHEV only stores 9KWh so for my local journeys it works fine. 

Our son invited us round tonight so I reset it to 19:00 and now it is charging again, all at 7p rate.

I can’t see any reason I need to use “boost” ever, but I guess if I had an EV rather than PHEV it might be neccessary.  I’m going to save more than I thought as I had only thought I would get I charge per 24 hours, but I’ll likely get three if I go out a couple of times.  Just need to remember to reset the time on the app.