Tutorial

Electric vehicle home charging points

Electric vehicle home charging points

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @elaine-moi and welcome to the OVO online community,

Great to hear about your recent EV purchase in spite of the difficulties you’ve had with the installation of of a home charging point. Just to clarify was this EV charging point arranged with us? If so this might be something to discuss with the smart home team by emailing smarthome@ovoenergy.com. They should be able to confirm the exact preparatory work that might need to be arranged with an electrician before the charger can be installed.

We’ve got plenty of happy EV drivers here, who I’m sure would recommend opting for a greener set of wheels once any initial set-up issues are resolved. Why not check out some of their EV reviews below:

I am now out of contract and pay the variable price about 31.8 per kwh. Now thinking about an electric car but I cannot see charging price even after looking at the Ovo site.

So if I buy an EV how much will i pay to charge?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am now out of contract and pay the variable price about 31.8 per kwh. Now thinking about an electric car but I cannot see charging price even after looking at the Ovo site.

So if I buy an EV how much will i pay to charge?

You should look at the OVO drive option

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You'll pay whatever your current tariff is.

There are tariffs available that offer periods of cheaper electricity and some of these are aimed at EV owners. E.g Octopus Go has very cheap electricity for 4 hours at night.

There are some "smart" ev tariffs that offer cheaper electricity just for your EV. These are only available with certain cars and/or chargers, as they need to capture data about when you car is charging. Octopus Intelligent and OVO Drive + Anytime are examples of these smart tariffs.