Skip to main content

My app keeps disconnecting - I get the dreaded red dot top LH corner of the phone screen, and I have to disconnect my Renault Zoe and reconnect it which is a pain. 

Hey @davesingout,

I’m sorry to hear this,

Does the following advice help?

Step 1: Ask the customer to check that their location is correct in the car. 

Step 2: Unplug the car from the charger and then plug back in (if customer car is on charge)

Step 3: Remove car from the Charge Anytime App (in the account tab) and re add it. Once done, try and charge the car again. 

If not, please let me know & I’ll report back to the team. Have you emailed chargeanytime@ovo.com?

Thanks for trying to help.

Disconnecting and re connecting does fix the problem, but only temporarily. I have to keep doing it. It seems that the car only connects when I use it so if I don’t use it for a couple of days it drops out.

I have used Anytime since its introduction and this is a relatively new problem

Hey @davesingout 

Sorry to hear you’re having as much trouble as you’re having with getting the car re-connected.

Have you reached out to the charge anytime team about this after those steps were unsuccessful? You can reach the team directly via email at chargeanytime@ovo.com

Do keep us updated with how you get on.

Those steps WERE successful. I do not have any problem re-connecting the car.

The problem is I have to keep repeating them! And seeing as I have to go through a third party because OVO don’t support Zoe’s directly, even though they have been around for a very long time, its not just a simple process.

Hey @davesingout 

I see, sorry for the confusion. 

What year is your Zoe from, Renault Zoe models since 2019 are on our compatibility list so if you’ve got a Zoe model post-2019 then you should be able to set the car up with Charge Anytime. I think it’ll be a good idea for you to reach out to the charge anytime team to discuss this so they can take a look. As mentioned previously, you can contact the team via email at chargeanytime@ovo.com.