Solved

Unable to deactivate Charge Anytime

• 15 July 2023
  • 7 replies

After installing solar and a battery system I have changed supplier from Ovo to Octopus. However, my Ohme charger still thinks my tariff is Charge Anytime and will not allow me to change the tariff.

Ohme say this is an issue that Ovo need to resolve by releasing my charger from their Kaluza platform. Two conversations with Ovo have resulted in two answers:

• First convo: “Since my energy supply account has been closed there is no reason why I should not be able to enter a new tariff.”
  • Second convo: “We are awaiting an upgrade to the app. Until we get it you are stuck. Sorry, we can do no more.”

Sadly, this situation with each blaming the other was predictable but that makes it no less frustrating! Is there any wisdom in this community that may shed light on the matter? 

icon

Best answer by dwinhants 15 July 2023, 22:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Was that the responses you got from the smart home team?

smarthome@ovoenergy.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Presume you’ve tried this @dwinhants ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Presume you’ve tried this @dwinhants ? 

I wonder if this works when users are using the Ohme charger app rather than the Charge Anytime App? 

Was that the responses you got from the smart home team?

smarthome@ovoenergy.com

It was - from two different agents in two separate calls.

Presume you’ve tried this @dwinhants ? 

I wonder if this works when users are using the Ohme charger app rather than the Charge Anytime App? 

First thing I did - check the FAQs. And if you can actually find that option in the app you are a better man than I!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This thread has a post from a user who seems to have been able to remove charge anytime .. perhaps they can help 

This thread has a post from a user who seems to have been able to remove charge anytime .. perhaps they can help 

Thanks. I have deleted my Ohme account and created a new one. That has got rid of the Charge Anytime lock. Feels like a work around not a solution though!