Skip to main content

Anyone having trouble with Meter reading I have sent in about three still no bill they want me to have a smart meter they gotta be joking Can’t even handle a meter reading and what I read on here  they have trouble with Smart metres.

Hi @Alyn711 ,

What you see on the Forum about Smart Meters not working doesn’t paint the whole picture - OVO has several million of them deployed which all work just fine. Likewise, as long as the Smart Meter is correctly performing its primary function of recording and tracking energy consumption locally, it’s considered to be working as designed - everything else is secondary.

Please talk to OVO about the billing issue, they’re best placed to help: https://ovoenergy.com/help .

Hi @Alyn711 ,

What you see on the Forum about Smart Meters not working doesn’t paint the whole picture - OVO has several million of them deployed which all work just fine. Likewise, as long as the Smart Meter is correctly performing its primary function of recording and tracking energy consumption locally, it’s considered to be working as designed - everything else is secondary.

Please talk to OVO about the billing issue, they’re best placed to help: https://ovoenergy.com/help .

You don’t seem to see the point i was making they can’t even give me a meter reading when you send it in by the app I’ve had this issue before I will never have a smart meter my brother-in-law got one nothing but trouble always estimate bills never readings.

Well, that’s your choice. But just because one person had a glitch, doesn’t mean everyone will.

I’ve had one since 2018 and it’s worked pretty well. I actually got upgraded to a SMETS2 in 2020 because an experiment OVO tried to do broke the original SMETS1 that I was first given. Other than that, it’s been pretty much flawless.

Thanks for your help but my issue is not really with smart meter my issue is using their app like sending in readings four or five times. Nothing you pay a bill doesn’t show up for days. They just seem pretty useless to me.