Solved

Is the OVO website really going to be down for the rest of 2023?

Show first post

173 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Your account is one of the few on OVO’s old Apollo system and will be manually transferred to the newer system that most customers are on now.

You could try a direct message to ovoenergy on Twitter or Facebook as that’s monitored over the weekend.

Otherwise

”Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am till 5pm.

0330 303 5063

Your account is one of the few on OVO’s old Apollo system and will be manually transferred to the newer system that most customers are on now.

You could try a direct message to ovoenergy on Twitter or Facebook as that’s monitored over the weekend.

Otherwise

”Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am till 5pm.

0330 303 5063

Hi.

I wrote to them on Facebook, I'm waiting for an answer from them now!

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 6

Hi @SebastianIlea 

Did you get speaking with someone on Facebook over the weekend, and were they able to help clear things up for you? All lines are open again so you can get in touch via 0330 303 5063 if you require more help.

Hi @SebastianIlea 

Did you get speaking with someone on Facebook over the weekend, and were they able to help clear things up for you? All lines are open again so you can get in touch via 0330 303 5063 if you require more help.

Hi @Abby_OVO

Yes, I managed to talk to someone.

I noticed that my account from the old address is still active and I can log into that account.
I don't know what the situation is that I can't enter the new account and modify the DD.
I don't know why the old account is still active, strange!

I was given the bank details to be able to transfer the money to my account.

Userlevel 2

Is there any news about the migration time scale? It is incredibly annoying not being able to access my account (and for the total lack of communication from OVO about this).

On a further note, as I have no access to my account to keep an eye on my balance, will OVO pay interest on balances over the £1000 limit? If I had access to my account I would b e able to make sure that the balance stayed under £1000 and then any excess could be transferred to an interest paying bank account.

Userlevel 6

Hi @Hadders52 

I am sorry that you’re still waiting for the account to be accessible again.

The migrations to the new online account have been happening in stages, but all accounts will be on the new system by the end of the year.

In the meantime our Support Team are able to send over your statements, advise on your balance and payment changes. 

I have been without any access via the Ovo app for more than 18 MONTHS now, and I haven’t been able to access ANY account information via the website for A YEAR now. 
I haven’t received ANY communication telling me what it going on at all. When o called Ovo, many months ago now, I was told it was because I was on a legacy system and was being migrated. 

I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO ENTER MY METER READINGS FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS. At least without having to spend ages sitting on a call queue, which I refuse to do  

WHY does it take so long to migrate me across? WHY?

Do I feel like a valued Ovo customer? Ha what a joke. 

I am truly sick to the back teeth of this. ZERO COMMUNICATION to your customers is absolutely the worst way to run any project. Whomever is in charge of this migration project needs removing and someone with some project management expertise needs to assume control. 

How does any company expect to attract and retain customers when they treat them like this?

AND OVO PLEASE REWORD the messaging on your website telling me that you have taken the website down for the entire year “FOR ME” !!

I will be taking my custom elsewhere unless  this is resolved for me a.s.a.p.  Though I doubt that Ovo would really care one way or another. 

*Edited by Mod*

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You don’t need to sit in call queues - just use Live Chat via https://ovoenergy.com/help as it’s much faster.

If you still feel this isn’t enough, check out https://ovoenergy.com/feedback 

I have been without any access via the Ovo app for more than 18 MONTHS now, and I haven’t been able to access ANY account information via the website for A YEAR now. 
I haven’t received ANY communication telling me what it going on at all. When o called Ovo, many months ago now, I was told it was because I was on a legacy system and was being migrated. 

I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO ENTER MY METER READINGS FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS. At least without having to spend ages sitting on a call queue, which I refuse to do  

WHY does it take so long to migrate me across? WHY?

Do I feel like a valued Ovo customer? Ha what a joke. 

I am truly sick to the back teeth of this. ZERO COMMUNICATION to your customers is absolutely the worst way to run any project. Whomever is in charge of this migration project needs removing and someone with some project management expertise needs to assume control. 

How does any company expect to attract and retain customers when they treat them like this?

AND OVO PLEASE REWORD the messaging on your website telling me that you have taken the website down for the entire year “FOR ME” !!

I will be taking my custom elsewhere unless  this is resolved for me a.s.a.p.  Though I doubt that Ovo would really care one way or another. 

*Edited by Mod*

Mate switching away won’t solve your problem. I’ve been locked out of my account for months but seems like whatever made the account unsuitable to be on the new account system also means they won’t close my gas account or raise a final bill or stop charging my bank or take any action. All highly unsatisfactory and very much not good enough. Very nice of people to suggest raising a complaint - in my experience that is going to get a response on the same timeframe as the website upgrade - months.

Userlevel 7
Badge

I’ve been locked out of my account for months ...

Sorry, are you saying that you still see the message We're in the process of migrating groups of customers to our new website so access to your online account won't be available until the end of 2023 

I’ve been locked out of my account for months ...

Sorry, are you saying that you still see the message We're in the process of migrating groups of customers to our new website so access to your online account won't be available until the end of 2023 

Yes. It still says this. I raised a complaint in May about the lack of online account access with no notice - I’m disabled and can’t physically access my meters so this has a big impact on me. Still no online account access and no response at all to the complaint...

Userlevel 7

Hey @alixabee

I’m so sorry to hear this,

Is your gas supply still with OVO? If you get added to the Priority Services Register you can request regular meter readers to come to your property and take meter readings until the account is set up on the new system and you are able to switch away. If your supply has switched away but you are awaiting your final bill and it’s been over the 6 week timeframe you may be eligible for a £30 Guaranteed Standards of Practice payment from OVO. 

If your supply has switched away, you should be fine to cancel your direct debit with your bank. 

@TheBionicGolfer it sounds like a really frustrating situation to be in. The best way to contact customer support to ask for account information is through web chat

There is also the option to get a smart meter installed, so that you don’t have to contact support to submit meter readings:  

I have had so much problems with Ovo that I regularly keep an eye on my account and now not able to and the link suggested doesn’t work for me either. Really think this is totally unacceptable. No email from them to let us know and not hopeful that this will be resolved soon. Even if it is only 2% affected this needs to be resolved for everyone soon. 

I am utterly disgusted that we are now in December and I have still not been migrated to the ‘new’ website.

Is this so called migration being carried out by one person with a pencil?

This is the 21st century for god’s sake. Unless OVO is operated by the Conservative party I can see no reason of such utter incompetence

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

End of December is the target, not the start of December.

99% of accounts were migrated automatically from what I understand. Yours is probably part of the ~1% that required a manual migration or failed the automated migration and needed a human to take over.

Hey @alixabee

I’m so sorry to hear this,

Is your gas supply still with OVO? If you get added to the Priority Services Register you can request regular meter readers to come to your property and take meter readings until the account is set up on the new system and you are able to switch away. If your supply has switched away but you are awaiting your final bill and it’s been over the 6 week timeframe you may be eligible for a £30 Guaranteed Standards of Practice payment from OVO. 

If your supply has switched away, you should be fine to cancel your direct debit with your bank. 

@TheBionicGolfer it sounds like a really frustrating situation to be in. The best way to contact customer support to ask for account information is through web chat

There is also the option to get a smart meter installed, so that you don’t have to contact support to submit meter readings:  

Thanks for the suggestion Emmanuel. I would dearly love to get a smart meter installed. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with testicular cancer 7 weeks ago, hence the delay in me responding, and I am now of the mind that I currently don’t care *edited by moderator* about whether or not my bills are correct, or what my outstanding balance is. When I finally get enough mental energy to cope with it I will look into switching to another supplier.
suppose what bothers me the most, above all else, is that I have no way of telling how much electric and gas I use from one day to the next, and I also have no clue whether or not my bills have been correct for the whole of this year. Afaik they have all been based on estimated usage. I have been disabled for the last 11 years, and survive in purely ESA as I am, apparently, not disabled enough to get PIP. I would love so much for the people who make these decisions to spend 24hrs with me, in a flat that I’m unable to clean properly, eating simple food because I’m unable to prepare and cook proper meals, and helping me wash as I’m unable to properly clean myself. Unfortunately I live in my own, so do t have anyone else around to help me. I have faith that the DWP know what they’re doing, and are totally fair in their assessments, and wouldn’t ever grant disability benefits to people that are even less disabled then I am, disability benefits.  
Anyway, I apologise for getting off track, my point being that Ovo can’t get what I don’t have. So I really need Ovo to step up here and sort themselves out before I decide that my situation, and the way I’ve been dealt with by a supplier of services I desperately rely on every day, is something that the local TV News channels would be interested in. 

99% of accounts were migrated automatically from what I understand. Yours is probably part of the ~1% that required a manual migration or failed the automated migration and needed a human to take over.

This is not a good enough reason to leave thousands of people without proper access to their account for a year. OVO has failed the customers that were not automatically migrated on a massive scale and compensation should be due to us

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Nope, compensation isn’t due just because you can’t use online services - otherwise literally every PAYG customer under the sun would be demanding it across all suppliers.

Online services are provided on a best-effort basis i.e. not 100% guaranteed to be 100% available 100% of the time.

You can still manage it over the phone or via live chat - OVO Support has ways to access your account internally in the meantime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This is not a good enough reason to leave thousands of people without proper access to their account for a year. OVO has failed the customers that were not automatically migrated on a massive scale and compensation should be due to us

You could try putting in a complaint if you feel really strongly.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Then if you are not happy with the response after 8 weeks or ovo issue a deadlock letter you can ask the Ombudsman for assistance. They can order compensation payments if they uphold complaints.

The average award for ovo complaints in the last quarter are:

Billing £206

Customer Service £126

96% of awards against ovo had a financial element.

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

You could also ask citizens advice 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/help/if-you-need-more-help-about-a-consumer-issue-energy/

Userlevel 6

Hi @Skeggijon @TheBionicGolfer 

I’m sorry you’re among the select few customers still awaiting the move over.

We’re reaching out to the teams for any further updates and will update this topic with any further specific timeframes. 

Hi @Skeggijon @TheBionicGolfer 

I’m sorry you’re among the select few customers still awaiting the move over.

We’re reaching out to the teams for any further updates and will update this topic with any further specific timeframes. 

thank you Abby. That’s appreciated. 

Tried my account today 03/02/2024 to see If I have access to it and surprise surprise same message as previous 9 months that they are in the process of migrating customers to their new website so access to your online account won't be available until the end of 2023. 

Was assured that this would be resolved beginning January appears its not. 

Anyone in the same situation now got access ?

Userlevel 3

Tried my account today 03/02/2024 to see If I have access to it and surprise surprise same message as previous 9 months that they are in the process of migrating customers to their new website so access to your online account won't be available until the end of 2023. 

Was assured that this would be resolved beginning January appears its not. 

Anyone in the same situation now got access ?

No. OVO can’t even be bothered to update the “end of 2023” message on the “old” website.

Userlevel 7

We’ve reported this internally @Frustrated and irate, I understand how frustrating this must be.