Solved

£66 government energy bills support scheme deducted from my OVO account balance not added?

Show first post

655 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sounds frustrating but if you check (like the rest of the thread) you should see that that amount was also deducted from your energy charges

I have checked, and it wasn’t deducted from my energy charges.. and yes I have looked at the full detail bills to confirm. It has only been deducted from my direct debits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I have checked, and it wasn’t deducted from my energy charges.. and yes I have looked at the full detail bills to confirm. It has only been deducted from my direct debits.

Keep an eye out for a message from ovo 

It’s taken me literally 7 months to get my broken gas meter replaced with 3 no shows and a couple appointment cancellations. The whole time I had to keep calling over back and waiting on hold for hours at a time to keep re-explaining my entire situation. I kept expressing my concern at not knowing what my bill was going to be but reps just kept telling me not to worry. Finally, when I’d had enough, I tried to lodge a complaint and the rep said I’d get a call back in 48 hours which unsurprisingly didn’t happen.. making me have to call in again and wait on hold. When I asked why I didn’t get a call back they said they had no record of a complaint. I then spent a couple hours just trying to log a complaint but I have always gotten hung up on before reaching the complaints department... after trying multiple times the exact same result.. always ended in getting hung up on. I've had agents tell me three different conflicting stories on how complaints are logged. I was transferred to people that told me they were managers to later find out from another agent that they weren't managers so I was lied to multiple times throughout the course of the day. I have wasted days of my life on hold to try to resolve just the gas meter issue.. and I finally broke down and started crying while on with an agent. As a grown man I can't remember the last time I've cried so it's very very significant to note that I was pushed to this point. So it seems I had to get to the point of a total break down just to get a complaint lodged. To say that I am done with OVO is a complete understatement. 

And yet OVO finds new and inventive ways to hold me hostage and continue to lie to me.. Saying I can switch if my balance is under £300(I only have a balance because I had NO IDEA what my gas usage was for 7 months along with the EBSS payment problems) only to change the story when I do get it under £300. I’m tired of waiting on hold, I’m tired of getting transferred to someone else where I have to explain everything over again, I’m tired of things not working, I’m tired of being lied to over and over, I AM TIRED OF OVO!!!!!

Userlevel 7

Hey @letmego,

Really sorry for the experiences you’ve had, 

Our Forum_Support Team will reach out to you.