Solved

Error message on Landis & Gyr smart meter

• 27 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to take a final meter reading before switching to a new supplier tomorrow but my meter is displaying a message (which is incredibly hard to read) and no numbers. 
Has anyone experienced anything like this?

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 28 March 2023, 11:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Please post a photo so we can see what you’re seeing

I’ve pressed the green ‘A’ button a few times and it just toggles through data such as total consumption, but nothing that shows the current meter reading. I’ve also gone on to the app and it says it is ‘fetching’ all my previous meter readings and to ‘come back later’. All I want to do is capture my own reading for my own audit purposes as I switch suppliers ☹️. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hmm…

It should never say that message…

I suspect a possible meter fault. Let me ask the forum moderators if they have any thoughts, but rn it looks like it needs replacing.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jooles07,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I’m not a meters expert but it does look like a potential meter fault to me. When you check your Online Account are we getting regular meter readings from your meter? You shouldn’t need to take a final reading if you have a smart meter.

Your new supplier will request an opening meter reading to open their account, we’ll close to the same reading they open to, to ensure you don’t pay twice for any usage. As we are no longer your supplier, if your meter issue doesn’t fix itself you may need to request a faulty meter exchange from your new supplier. 

Keep us posted with how you get on.