Skip to main content
Solved

How do I get my refund back after my account has closed after moving home?

• 17 August 2022
  • 30 replies

I am owed money by OVO after closing my account when moving..
I have sent pictures by email to them of final meter readings as asked for by call centre now I have an email asking me to call the call centre to give my final meter readings who have asked me to email pictures of my final meter reading.

Any one able to help with next step please as it is nearly £400 owed to me when they took over SSE whom i was with before this shower came along..

30 replies

I closed my Ovo account five months ago after selling my home, and I’m still waiting for the surplus on my account to be refunded. I’m raising the matter with the Energy Ombudsman, but if someone from Ovo sees this perhaps you’d like to get in touch, as I’m having no luck contacting you by phone or email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Mike1966 ,

Live Chat is faster than both of those, try it via https://ovoenergy.com/help .

Userlevel 7

Hey @Mike1966,

I’m sorry to hear this,

I’ll get Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages. 

Update: I missed a call from Ovo last Thursday. So it's a hopeful sign that someone did try to call, but they said they'd call again and they haven't. I didn't get the name, but it was someone from the customer resolutions team, so I need that person or someone else to call me back asap please.

They’ve now gone back to ignoring my emails, and we’re up to almost six months of Ovo holding on to my £2,000+ credit, which must be getting pretty close to constituting theft.

My next steps will be to drag Ovo through the mud on social media, copying in media organisations, the regulator and my MP.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Mike1966, 

As advised Forum_Support will be in touch, I’m glad to hear a complaint has been raised and someone from the complaints resolution team has been trying to get in touch with you. 

I’ll see if we can find out who called you and ask them to call again.