Solved

Difficulty applying for a switch to OVO - How can I update my supply address listed on the national database?

• 31 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello

I am trying to switch to OVO using the online quote facility. The quote defaults to the wrong supply address and there doesn’t seem to be a facility to change this. The incorrect supply address is a flat in the same building as the main house. Any advice on how to get the correct supply address on the quote?

Note that this is not a new problem. A previous switch resulted on a gas meter from one address and an electricity meter the other being transferred but I was assured that the central database had been updated to stop this happening again.

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 1 September 2021, 17:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Howdy!

This sounds like ECOES and Xoserve have the wrong data on file somehow for your electric and gas meters. This can be fixed by your active supplier on request and is completely free of charge to have the records updated. In theory, OVO might be able to do this for you as part of the switch process, but I’ve never actually asked if that’s possible. If push comes to shove, you can always ask your old supplier to fix the records and then try switching again.

In the meantime, you might have a better chance if you have a chat with the Support Team. They can sometimes get tricky switches through in cases where the self-service Quote & Switch tool chokes.

Either way, once ECOES and Xoserve are properly updated, this should never be a problem again. It can only be done by suppliers I’m afraid, but it’s not the end of the world.

Either way, once ECOES and Xoserve are properly updated, this should never be a problem again.

Thank you for your advice. I will try and get the data properly updated this time. It obviously wasn’t last time I tried.

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear of the issue you’re having in applying to join us, @Colet.

It’s worth mentioning that if you’re not able to see your address on our Quote and Switch drop-down menu, you can input your address manually by clicking ‘Is your address not listed?’ -

Exact appearance may vary

If you’ve had trouble switching in the past, it’s worth checking that the details held for your address have been updated on the national database. Our Support Team can check this for you - however only your current supplier can request any changes if needed. 

It usually takes around 4 weeks for any updates to the national database, so we’d recommend contacting your current supplier ASAP and confirming the details are correct before applying to switch.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: