Solved

Why can't we move to a new supplier?

• 24 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I wanted to leave Ovo, too many issues and disappointments to go into, suffice to say I’ve been banned at least 2x  in 5 years.

Tried to go through the switch companies and all of them said no can do… Anyone know why?

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 25 February 2023, 22:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid we can’t answer this as it’s account specific. Sorry.

Also, if you are forum banned, you should not be on this forum with another account.

Apparently this is the answer, I wondered if Ovo were preventing users (we collectively in my post) from doing for reasons unclear..

Thanks to @Blastoise186 for the response and I posted this to clarify it was a collective “we” I meant in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

When energy prices increased suddenly in 2021, it meant that it was costing energy suppliers more to buy the energy to supply customers with than the amount they were bringing in, which led to some going out of business.

The ones that still operate withdrew almost all of their tariffs from the market, meaning that switching through comparison sites like Uswitch currently isn’t possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I changed supplier earlier this year. I don't know why you're having problems 🤷

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Apparently this is the answer, I wondered if Ovo were preventing users (we collectively in my post) from doing for reasons unclear..

Thanks to @Blastoise186 for the response and I posted this to clarify it was a collective “we” I meant in my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

When energy prices increased suddenly in 2021, it meant that it was costing energy suppliers more to buy the energy to supply customers with than the amount they were bringing in, which led to some going out of business.

The ones that still operate withdrew almost all of their tariffs from the market, meaning that switching through comparison sites like Uswitch currently isn’t possible.

Hi @anotherpissedoffuser 

Plenty of energy suppliers let you switch. But you have to go directly to their website 

For example octopus

https://octopus.energy/quote/#/

No supplier is perfect. 4.8 out of 5 on Trustpilot it pretty good

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/octopus.energy

Let us know who you switch to and how it goes as it may help other users who visit this forum.

Good luck whatever you decide.