Solved

SMETS2 Landris + Gry E470 Type 5533 not showing off peak info

• 28 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Evening!

Please can someone help? 

I just moved home and Ovo just installed a smart meter in my home, but the off peak consumption is not showing up. I have tried pressing all the buttons via available guide in this forum and via YouTube videos, but no luck. 

I have also contacted British Gas (my provider in the previous property) and they said that if I move to them, they will configure it for me. 

My friend has the same meter and he is able to see both rates. 

Please can someone help or someone from OVO exist here?

Thanks much in advance.

Regards 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 28 May 2023, 21:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @ZainUlAbadin ,

OVO can do this but not via the Forum as this forum is volunteer led. You just need to get OVO Support to apply ECAUL/ALCS Configs. I’d recommend going via Live Chat at https://help.ovoenergy.com for this.

Hi @Blastoise186 ,

Thanks much for the reply. 

So I just need to ask them and they can do this via chat or does it requires an engineer to visit, please?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup. It can be done remotely without an engineer visit 

It didn’t work, they are saying that they cannot do that remotely because I am on the standard meter not the smart meter. What a joke these SSE clowns are as I have seen the same meter with both rates 01 and 02. I will move to BG. Best

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, if the meter was only just installed it might not be ready yet. It takes up to six weeks for a newly installed meter to be fully registered and commissioned. Switching supplier during that time is not recommended. No-one can make the config changes during that time until the meter is registered properly.

Try waiting another week and the records should be updated enough for OVO to get in and make the config changes.

So after waiting for 2 months for just to change a meter first, now I have to wait another 2 months to add up a mere change. Is this a third world country or what?

I don’t know if you really know how many days are in those 6 weeks. Don’t reply if you don’t know how to help someone. The chat support guys don’t even know what the hell “ECAUL/ALCS Configs” is!

The new surprise I got from support is that they are completely denying that I have a smart meter even after sending the picture from their own forum article of the same smart meter.

I contacted 3 personal from the support, one said it is possible and said she has applied the change ( that was a joke and nothing happened ), the second guy said it is not possible as I don’t have the smart meter ( great news ), and last again said it is possible remotely, but an engineer will let you know if it is possible ( LOL WTF ). And then you also said something in alien language as well, which is also useless. 

The reason I want to move to BG is because they have a better accessible support even on Sundays/holidays, not like SSE that is showing me this whenever I tried to contact them for e.g., I sent them a message at 09:30 and got a reply, “the chat is closed and only available from 08AM to 5PM”.

Even tough BG have an international support they speak/write better english that makes sense, not alien language.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m an independent forum volunteer. I don’t work for anyone in the energy industry at all. What I do have however, is nearly three years experience on this forum alone and over a decade of volunteer experience. There’s not many others who know more than me without working in the industry in some way.

The reason I used the terms ECAUL and ALCS is because to the right people in OVO, it explains exactly what needs doing. There’s no easier way of explaining those terms.

And there’s 42 days in six weeks by the way and 30 working days.

Userlevel 7

Hi @ZainUlAbadin,

Tim here the OVO Forum manager. 

It sounds like you’ve had some inconsistent advice when contacting our Support team. If that’s true I’m very sorry that’s happened. I’ve asked our Forum_Support team to help via a private message. 

Please factor in our house rules when posting in this communtiy forum, that includes being respectful to other members. These rules are outlined here: