Solved

Smart Meter issues with previous supplier- Switched to OVO can they sort this?

• 19 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi just looking for some advice. I have recently  moved to Ovo.....the previous company not really being very helpful regarding my Smart Meter and not really listening or understanding my issues with their very poor customer  service.... so I hate to admit it, but I have an ongoing complaint with them. So i was contacted by them this week to help try to resolve the issue as I had requested a deadlock letter.  Its funny I had tried to contact them every week for about three to four weeks just to be advised "yes of course we will pass your request on to your case handler, you will hear by email from them in 24 hours," 3 times I was told this and 3 times nothing until of course I request a deadlock letter! Then within 3 days I was contacted and my issues were given some attention  for once!  However the amount I am being charged for,  for the final bill is ridiculous and they don't seem to be backing down from this amount, even though they have admitted not receiving  any data since September 2022!  So I am just wondering if I can ask Ovo for a health check to be performed on my Smart Meter as its being changed anyway so that I have some info for when this person phones me back.  Would I have to pay for it?

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 22 May 2023, 10:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @Viv1966 

Sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve had with your previous supplier.

You can fill out a few details about your smart meter here and our team will look into it. This is completely free of charge.

Once the  Support Team have had a look at the details you provide, they’ll let you know if they identify any issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Viv1966 there are a series of checks for smart meters and @Abby_OVO has given you a link for that but if you are needing something more technical to support your previous issue then there would potentially be a charge unless there is a fault.

Hope you get this sorted

Userlevel 2

Hi @BPLightlog  thank you for your reply I will reply to Abby too.   I understand what you are saying about the charge, but OVO are the ones who are telling me it needs changing anyway, so I am getting a new one, so I shouldn't be charged should I? What should I do though speak to someone first  at OVO or ask the engineer on the day? 

Userlevel 2

Hi Abby_Ovo thanks for your reply and will use the link you have sent me are you a member of the OVO team.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BPLightlog  thank you for your reply I will reply to Abby too.   I understand what you are saying about the charge, but OVO are the ones who are telling me it needs changing anyway, so I am getting a new one, so I shouldn't be charged should I? What should I do though speak to someone first  at OVO or ask the engineer on the day? 

No, if OVO have initiated the change then they would not charge 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Abby_Ovo thanks for your reply and will use the link you have sent me are you a member of the OVO team.?

Abby is indeed an OVO employee. All OVO staff here have _OVO at the end of their username.

The forum volunteers such as myself and BPLightlog are also tagged with ranks such as Carbon Cutter or Plan Zero Hero. We don’t work for OVO though.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Blastoise186 thanks for the info I guessed you were both volunteers!