Solved

Replacing THTC meter thats no longer in use

• 6 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Meanwhile in the Scottish Highlands...The previous owners of our house removed the overnight storage heaters and installed an oil-fired system, but we still have the THTC metering system with 2 meters. The reading on the cheaper rate meter almost never changes month to month (last month we used *one* unit of electricity for example). So a few questions…

1. What are our options for meters?
  2. How do we arrange this with OVO?
  3. Will it make any difference if we plan for an electric car and have a home charging point installed?
  4. What on earth is using that 1 unit of electricity? Pardon the pun...
icon

Best answer by teledemon 6 October 2023, 16:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @teledemon ,

Just a heads up, I’m a forum volunteer so I can’t speak on OVO’s behalf.

Based on what you’ve said… It sounds like you might be eligible to swap out THTC for something less complicated. Try Live Chat via https://ovoenergy.com/help for this and someone might be able to assist. As for that 1 unit? Could be anything really.

If you get stuck, let us know here on the Forum.

So...quick update...had an online chat with nice lady called Stacey who informs me that OVO will let us know when they are going to swap out the meters sometime early next year. 

No word on the electric car thing, but I think there’s a tarrif we can access once we have a new meter. Don’t think we’ll miss whatever’s using the one unit!

And while we were on the chat, we managed to reduce our direct debit (whereas online it only allows it to be increased!) and a refund on some of the credit we’ve built up...Stacey, you’re a Star! Have the rest of the day off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

OVO’s Charge Anytime Add-On is that “tariff”, albeit one that you can attach to ANY of OVO’s Pay Monthly tariffs. It’d give you 10p/kWh for all EV Charging that runs via Charge Anytime without affecting your regular tariff rates.