Solved

IHD usage too high- Not correct

Userlevel 1

Can someone please help me my in home monitor on the gas is showing loads more gas than am actually using if phoned up everyday but no one seems to be helping me if done all the tests they’ve asked and still the gas is showing £20 when if fact it’s only between £3 to 4 

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 9 March 2023, 22:18

View original

39 replies

Userlevel 1

If the electric is reading okay and it's just the gas it could be a faulty monitor, you could download an app called Hugo, it doesn't give you your reading for that day but the day before and that app takes the reading from your meter so if that is different from your monitor then it points the finger your monitor.

Hope this helps you in some way 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Depending on the IHD you have, this might help. 

As long as your meter readings are good, those are used for billing

Userlevel 1

Hi David is the Hugo app save 

Userlevel 1

And does it give you your usage in £ because the OVO app only give me in KWh thank you for your help 

Userlevel 1

Yes it is safe and it tells you in £ an other one is called Loop, but if you are not sure do what l did and Google about them before you download them. I have them both.

Hope this help's

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There’s a few pointers here @cathc54 

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for your help I downloaded Hugo and loop I was just a bit worried because they asked for my card details but I took the risk i now have to wait 24 hours does loop also give it you in £ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Just gonna confirm that the forum volunteers do test these apps on a regular basis and we’re happy to recommend and trust them. Currently, the ones we consider trusted (in no particular order!) include:

• Loop
  • Hugo
  • ivie
  • Hildebrand Bright
  • SmartThings Energy

We’ve tested all of these and are happy they’re safe. If this position ever changes, we’d stop recommending those that lose our trust.

We can also confirm that all of them should provide usage data in £ as well.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much that’s definitely put my mind at ease 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Having just been put in a position to be able to use one or other of these apps, I’ve had a look at both Loop and Bright.

• Loop tell me that they’re unable to look up the rates on my tariff, so they use the price-cap rates for my region. That may be close enough for most users these days.
  • Bright seemed able to collect the rates recently pushed to my meter and use those.

So of these two,  @cathc54 would seem to be better off with the Bright app if her chief concern is the cost of her usage.

Userlevel 1

Good morning sorry for bothering you all but could someone help me the Hugo app is now saying no data found what should I do I have sent Hugo a message thank you in advance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

All the various data feeds are a little inconsistent at the minute. Mine from Hugo is only partial for yesterday. Hugo is fairly good generally - it may just take a little time to settle down as long as they’ve picked up your meters correctly and your meters are connected to the central data bank

Userlevel 1

Thank you i know they picked the meter’s up but don’t know about data bank being 73 I have not got much knowledge about things lol 😂 but thank you all for your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you i know they picked the meter’s up but don’t know about data bank being 73 I have not got much knowledge about things lol 😂 but thank you all for your help 

This is mainly what this forum is for .. trying to pass on knowledge where we can. And there’s several who stop by to see how they can help so no problem with asking. 
On your electric meter, are the lights flashing ? Depending on the make, that can tell if they’re connected (they should be if Hugo have picked them up).

Userlevel 1

Yes there flashing and the red one every 8 to 9 seconds 

Userlevel 1

Can someone please help why is Hugo and loop apps still saying no data could it be because my in home monitor is turned off 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can someone please help why is Hugo and loop apps still saying no data could it be because my in home monitor is turned off 

There are still delays to data feeds at the moment. I still can’t see mine in either Loop or Hugo (in full). They should appear in a while. 
The only one I can see full data in is Bright but that’s because I also have their IHD. It won’t be anything to do with your monitor being off

Userlevel 1

They told me at OVO to turn my IHD off till Monday to try and pair them up again to see if that would help I really have tried everything keep looking at both apps but still says Ho no no data found I hope if installed it properly 

Userlevel 1

They told me at OVO to turn my IHD off till Monday so they could try to re pair them up again to see if that would help. My Hugo and loop still saying no data found will they keep trying or have i done something wrong installing it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

They told me at OVO to turn my IHD off till Monday so they could try to re pair them up again to see if that would help. 

They can send a code to it to try to re-pair but that doesn’t affect the service from Loop/Hugo etc

Userlevel 1

Okay thank you 

Userlevel 1

Guess I’ll just have to wait and hope they get the data soon you all have been very good thank you 

Userlevel 1

Good morning all well if got my electric usage on Hugo but not the gas and it’s the gas one I’ve been having trouble with any ideas why Hugo can’t get the gas data thanks in advance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good morning all well if got my electric usage on Hugo but not the gas and it’s the gas one I’ve been having trouble with any ideas why Hugo can’t get the gas data thanks in advance 

Hi @cathc54. It often is gas that takes longer to settle. My Hugo feed is mostly back to normal now but they are still filling in blanks from earlier. I would hope it would start giving you your info soon. Did they reply to your query?

Userlevel 1

Hi BPLightlog  well I think now I’ve got to wait for another IHD so god only knows when I will receive that when I phoned OVO this morning I asked them how much my electric and gas was yesterday they said my electric was £2.66 and gas £4.66 so i said to her well on my Hugo electric is £4.66 and gas £2.66 so how is right and of course she said Hugo is wrong but when I asked her what my balance is she couldn’t tell me she said the OVO app was having problems just wondering as anyone else having trouble with OVO app