Solved

In-Home Display not showing my gas usage.

• 3 November 2023
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

They’re about the same, but gas is probably easier in this case.

If you want to move your gas to OVO, have a word with the Support Team and they’ll make the arrangements. It will be linked to your existing account.

Hi @Blastoise186

OVO sent me this IHD instead for it to connect my gas and electric. Do you know what this means? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The gas meter doesn’t have the prices/tariff rates set up properly. Please ask your gas supplier to run the SMETS Command Update Tariff Configuration against the Gas Meter/Gas Proxy. Do not run it against the IHD - it will have no effect.

Thank you @Blastoise186 😊

Hi.  Just wanna say that I'm having the same trouble.  My gas with utilita.  Elec is OVO.(boost). Utilita has no connection on my ihd or my gas meter since last Jan.  I been going throu this for nearly a year.  I hav the same ihd as u. And utilita has told me that it b better if I hav gas and elec with them.  I have to manually put in a 20 or 60 digest code in my gas meter everytime I need gas.  They take the money I send throu the app but it does not go to my meter.  I've complained as I want them to check how many other payments hav not gone to my meter, as now I've been looking I paid £270 in the of Jan this year and I bet half those didn't register.  So just letting u no that if u r pay as u go u need to check yr payments r going throu to yr meter

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi.  Just wanna say that I'm having the same trouble.  My gas with utilita.  Elec is OVO.(boost). Utilita has no connection on my ihd or my gas meter since last Jan.  I been going throu this for nearly a year.  I hav the same ihd as u. And utilita has told me that it b better if I hav gas and elec with them.  I have to manually put in a 20 or 60 digest code in my gas meter everytime I need gas.  They take the money I send throu the app but it does not go to my meter.  I've complained as I want them to check how many other payments hav not gone to my meter, as now I've been looking I paid £270 in the of Jan this year and I bet half those didn't register.  So just letting u no that if u r pay as u go u need to check yr payments r going throu to yr meter

That’s NOT the same issue, sounds to me more like Utilita didn’t commission the gas meter properly.

If you want to have both fuels with the same supplier, you should research carefully as to which one is the best option for you - don’t just go with Utilita just because they claim “it’ll work better with them”.

Update: 

I finally have an in home display that shows my gas usage. 

British gas came out this morning and gave me a separate IHD that shows gas usage only. 

They kept telling me to contact OVO as it's their problem apparently. @Blastoise186 told me it's not therefore, I threatened to leave British Gas to come to OVO. They arranged an engineer to come within 24 hours, who did his thing within 5 mins and left me with an IHD. 

Finally RESOLVED. 

Special Thanks to @Blastoise186 for giving me all the necessary information and help.