Solved

IHD usage too high- Not correct

Show first post

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My OVO app doesn’t show yesterdays usage yet - seems there’s a delay. 
Are you sure your Hugo is a complete day? I had some gaps on Hugo recently as well. Depending on your heating, I might have expected gas to be higher at this time of year. 
Shame about the IHD 

Userlevel 1

I would imagine my electric was more than gas yesterday because I hardly had the gas on but I did 3 washers yesterday and dried them in dryer but I must admit I am really frightened to put the heating on because of the price I do hope Hugo is right I’ve had nothing but trouble since I had the smart meter’s put in its 11 months now and still not right.

Userlevel 7

Hi @cathc54,

I’m aware of a drop in data populating the OVO app and the online account usage section at the end of last week / start of this. That has been fixed for my account and lots of others who reported it on the forum. 

As for costs not showing, this is a separate thing. It will never be available for the intra-day view: that’s a deliberate functional choice as costs per half an hour were considered to be not very helpful due to how low the figures were. But in recent weeks some forum members have reported the costs tab not being available for the monthly and yearly charts as well. 

In all of these cases, your daily meter reading is the source of all truth of your costs and can be found here; https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-details

Userlevel 1

Thank you Tim if found it now 

Userlevel 1

They told me they’ve ordered me a new IHD but sending me Geo could you tell me if these are okay 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Geo IHDs are really good. We’ve also good good connections with Geo via one of their reps if we need their advice.

Userlevel 1

Thank you don’t know how long it will take to be delivered they told me they had a back log but it’s so good to know you’re all here to help thank you 

Can anyone explain why my smart meter adjusts upwards by about 25% on Sunday afternoons ?

Userlevel 6

Could you give more details of what you are seeing?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Can anyone explain why my smart meter adjusts upwards by about 25% on Sunday afternoons ?

Only if you tell us what you mean by the ‘meter adjusts upwards’. Could you perhaps post photos of ‘before and after’ this adjustment?

At a guess, I’d say you’re seeing your In-House Display unexpectedly showing higher-than-normal usage at some stage. This could be because somebody switched something on (the TV, or the immersion heater?), or something switched on by itself (the freezer?). 

More details, please.

Thanks for your reply...the following happens..

My meter shows money spent from Monday to Sunday and then reverts to nil on Monday and starts again.

It is currently running at about £6 per day ,so the time it's gets to Sunday is about £36 to £40.

It then , in the afternon, without any particular reason will suddenly jump to about £50 . No additional  appliances have been switched on. It's a mystery !!

Userlevel 6

Hi @Jeff1756 

Can I just check if this is on the actual meter itself or the In-Home Display unit?

Oops..yes, sorry..its the display unit.

Userlevel 7

Thanks @Jeff1756. You’ve mentioned that this cost resets, so I take it there’s a ‘weekly’ costs section you’re looking at.

It would be helpful to know what make and model of in home display (IHD) it is, and if you pay for your energy as a Pay as you go customer or Pay monthly. 

It’s unlikely there’s incorrect charge happening as that is based on meter readings. With a bit more info we can help you narrow down the reasons...