Skip to main content

Hi

Just switched from boost to ovo. I tend to use the energy app to topup and monitor the credit levels, with were fairly accurate when I used the boost app.

Unfortunately, the ovo energy app is, well, bad. I get absolutely no reading from electricity despite the ihd being about 3 feet from the meter, and the gas reading that I do has is from February…

Not to mention how many times the topup through the app has failed leaving my money in limbo.

Good afternoon @Anodine ,

I’m afraid you’ve made a few mistakes there. Please allow me to fill those in.

The OVO Top-Up and Boost Top-Up apps are essentially the same - they run on the same upstream platform operated by Paypoint.

The IHD is NOT linked to the app, ever. The app pulls data directly from the meters via OVO’s billing systems.

You’re probably still migrating - try giving it a few more days. Otherwise, call 0330 175 9669.

Hey @Anodine

Our volunteer @Blastoise186 has offered some great advice so far. The old Boost app and OVO Top-up app ran on the same platform with different branding and, therefore, should, in theory, operate the same way. Have you seen any changes over the last few days, or are you still seeing issues? You can call the number above, and our Care Team can look at the account with you and make sure everything’s working as it should.

You might also find this article helpful: 

Keep us updated 😊

Yes. I know that after 20 years in IT. Pretty sure I'd noand at @Blastoise186 it's been like that for months. Please don't take me for a run of the mill idiot. The meters do not work. End of story. Feel free to argue. But we both know it's a *removed by mod* thing. Look around.  How many people have trouble with them?

Wow. Ok. 

Apparently not allowed to say something not nice... I see you now

I see you. And your company 

Only a Forum Volunteer can bypass AutoMod. There are valid reasons for us having that power - it basically just reduces the workload for the Forum Moderators so they don't have to constantly approve stuff that's going to be allowed anyway.

Just about all the supplier top-up apps currently run on the Paypoint platform. Long story short, it's to do with a now defunct exclusivity clause in the contracts.

Hey @Anodine,

Apparently not allowed to say something not nice... I see you now

Due to the language you expressed the system had set your message aside for us to review before posting and is a common thing. Please remember that we have house rules on the Forum which i’ll link below:

You can find out more about our house rules here:

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newbies-153/ovo-forum-community-guidelines-and-house-rules-7846

Our Customer Terms of use can be found here:

https://www.ovoenergy.com/terms/customer-forum-terms-of-use

I know you’re frustrated at the situation but our volunteers are only trying to help and offer advice. Have you been able to speak with a member of our Support Team? 

Hey there! A little about me I've been in IT for 25 years, starting at 3 years old. I hold an HND Level 5 in IT and I also have experience as a SysAdmin and in cybersecurity. It's important to maintain respect in our exchanges as I have zero tolerance for abuse.

Regarding Smart Meters, over 32.5 million are active, and about 98% are functioning perfectly. Negative stories don't tell the whole truth. As a SysAdmin, troubleshooting is part of my role to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Today, I discovered an internet outage due to a DSL issue, but I swiftly switched to my backup WAN2 connection. I've reported the fault to my ISP and Openreach, and they'll investigate tomorrow. The fault seems isolated to my area.

I'm willing to help you and support where I can but if you continue to treat me like you have then I'll withdraw my offer of support.