Solved

I've topped up my Pay as you Go meter, but I don't know where the rest of the credit has gone?

• 8 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I have topped up £100 on the 5th December, paying back emergency credit leaving £76 on my meter.

Now today is the 8th December with only £9.87 left. 

I live in a 2 bedroom flat with one child. 

I have not used my cooker nor did any washing this week and my heating has been on low. What on earth is going on OVO? 

when I call and ask for temporary credit, I have to pay it back putting me in more debt. Why? I do not need need this kind of stress. 

OVO you have already sent an engineer out to test my meter and claim there is no faults on my meter but looking at my spending I believe there is. 

I am fed up and frustrated. At this point, I'm lodging a complaint with my citizens advice bureau and I am demanding answers or my money back because this is ridiculous. 

This is not the time to be playing with money during this winter season. 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 8 December 2023, 10:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There is probably another debt on the meter. Please show us photos of it and we’ll help you check.

The temporary credit you refer to is known as Discretionary Credit aka Additional Support Credit. This is credit you borrow to get you over a tight spot, but you do have to pay it back and can’t always ask for more while still paying back a previous request.

It gets added to the meter as a credit (available immediately) and a debt (repaid slowly over time). If the repayment rate is too high for you, the Support Team can talk to you about slowing it down a bit.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 19/12/23 by Abby_OVO

Hey @Lovely Tam,

I’m really sorry to hear this,

I was going to suggest the same as Blastoise, there may be some other debt on the meter. Debt can still build up on Pay as you Go meters for a number of reasons.

This smart meter guide may have some helpful advice:

You can also check out this topic for more on traditional meters:

The Support Team should be able to confirm any ‘background’ debt.

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost