Solved

I've just moved into a property supplied by OVO but there's no IHD, can I get a new one?

• 21 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Thinking of joining OVO. Will if requested will they supply a IHD with my account?

Regards

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 21 December 2023, 12:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 02/01/23 by Abby_OVO

Howdy @AlanMole ,

If you already have a working IHD, you should continue to use that one.

If you have NEVER had one, OVO can attempt to get you one after you’ve signed up. If you’ve got SMETS2 Meters, that won’t be too hard for them to do. However, if you have SMETS1 you could be waiting a while - those IHDs are literally gold dust.

There’s another way to get one though.

If you’re with OVO, then you can ask for a replacement IHD to be sent out free of charge by having a chat with the Support Team. There’s no charge for this as OVO’s policy is that your first IHD is always free and every member is entitled to one. Once the request is in, OVO will aim to send you a new IHD out in the post as soon as possible, depending on stock levels. If you’re with another supplier, please reach out to them directly as they might be able to help you out.

For more on this, check out this helpful topic from Blastoise186 himself.

Thanks Blastoise186

Just moved into a new build but no IHD left here. Property automatically assigned to BG but they say it should have been left and are no longer interested. So not impressed and considering OVO as we have NEVER had an IHD here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yeah, that happens way too often I’m afraid. Folks just have a habit of running off with IHDs even though they ONLY work at the address they were originally installed at. It’s strongly recommended to leave it behind in a place where the new occupier will easily find it.

A tip to anyone reading this, could be to leave it in the kitchen on the worktop with a note saying how to use it for example, or just anywhere that’s super easy to find really. That way, it’s completely frictionless for the next occupier as they’ll spot the IHD as soon as they walk into that room.

You are entitled to one for free if you’ve never had one - such as if the previous occupier ran off with it. It just seems wrong that BG are trying to fob you off.