• 5 replies

i have a smets 2  meter with ovo how can i read my solar panel outputs

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 17 August 2023, 21:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dawebb , it really depends on how your system is wired. If your meter has been set to read exports, you can see that level on one of the registers (depends on the meter itself). You won’t directly see the output on your meter as some of it will be used by your property. 

Your solar system usually has a generation monitor and this either has a separate meter or you should be able to look via the manufacturer’s system. 
What type of system do you have?

I have a SMETS 2 Aclara  SGM1411B

MSN 21MO 152277

SGM 1411-8

My system has a separate meter located in the garage.To manage the generation effectively it would be far better if the smart meter could show this value in  real- time.

Can the smart meter do this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dawebb , not the generation as some will be consumed by the property - as I mentioned earlier. The meter should be able to show export but that is only part of the total generation of course. 
What system and inverter do you have? The manufacturers usually have a monitoring system which would show generation, often via an app which you could view via your phone/ tablet

trannergy G83/2 COMPLIANT INVERTER. INVERTER SGN 4000072

4KW PV SYSTEM. AND WI-FI

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

trannergy G83/2 COMPLIANT INVERTER. INVERTER SGN 4000072

4KW PV SYSTEM. AND WI-FI

Ok - I’m not as familiar with their units but it looks like there should be a web or app log-in to view the solar system http://www.trannergy.com/product/monitoring-portal

There are reports elsewhere that you can use the Solarman app to monitor but again, you would need to check that out