Solved

How do I take a reading from a Secure SMETS 1 smart meter?

• 1 August 2018
  • 21 replies

I need to give my current meter readings to my new supplier but I can appear to find my current meter readings on the Smart meter.
I’ve tried entering “9” but I think this is for a different make.

Any suggestions please?

icon

Best answer by NinjaGeek 1 August 2018, 15:51

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
@Larchtree Are you able to take a picture of your smart meter send it on here? Hopefully then we can see a model number and I can help you.

Thanks
Matt
Photo attached of meter.
Userlevel 7
Badge

Updated on 12/06/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

To take a reading from your Secure 'Liberty' S1 smart meter, you’ll need to look on the actual meter, this information is not displayed on the In Home Display (IHD).

There’s a slight difference between the the S1 meters we installed. To take a dual (day/night) reading for Secure Liberty 110 or 112 S1 smart meters (which are designed to work best with storage heaters), press 9 on the meter’s keypad. If you’ve got a Secure Liberty 100 S1 smart meter, press 6 to confirm the Day and Night meter readings (pressing 9 will show the reading if you’re a single rate member with this meter).

To take a reading from your electric S2 Aclara smart meter, press  on your electric meter and TOU rate 1 will be the reading. For Economy 7, TOU rate 2 will show the other reading. For the gas meter press ‘C’ to wake up, then ‘C’ to access the menu. Use ‘B’ to scroll and ‘C’ to select the reading option.

We should be able to communicate with your meters to get readings remotely. If you think there’s communication issues with your S1 smart meter we’d recommend carrying a smart meter health check and contacting our Support Team with the results.

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

No sorry I’ve tried typing in 9 before where there is a keypad but it just beeps and does nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge
Are you on an Economy 7 meter?
No I’m not.
Userlevel 7
Badge
Do you have access to your Electric and gas meter?
Yes but the meter readings are not visible now as it is getting sent to the smart meter.
Userlevel 7
Badge
Ok, for the meantime are you able to get your meter readings from the Electric and Gas meter. Provide this to OVO and we can see how we get your meter readings from the small smart meter.
No I don’t see any reading information
Gas meter
Userlevel 7
Badge
I am guessing this is where you are pressing 9 and nothing is happening?
No I’ve not tried this, just the home internal display unit, so will give this a try.
Userlevel 7
Badge
Yes I believe this is what they mean.
Tried pressing 9 on the outside units and it has worked.
Sorry I assumed that was the point of the smart meter being indoors.
Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge
No worries. I am happy to help 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Userlevel 5
Hi @Larchtree, the photo you took was of your In Home Display, I don't think you can get meter readings from that, unfortunately. The actual smart meters are the bits of kit in your meter cupboard or attached to an outside wall, connected to the mains gas or electricity supply.
I had a smart meter installed a few months ago however they did not provide me with a display unit as they were out of stock. How do I take meter readings? There’s so much informations popping up on the screen. I have since then switched to edf and I’m struggling to provide them with readings
Userlevel 5
Hey @Lauramac16 - I've moved your comment over to this thread where you should be able to find the info that you need!
I have the secure in home display how do you take your meter readings from it as I need to send them off today?
Userlevel 6
Welcome to the forum, @Nathane89, check out @ITGeek123's best answer. 😀