Solved

Geo Trio II IHD keeps going to sleep?

• 11 November 2022
  • 5 replies

• Carbon Cutter****
  • 12 replies

A couple of weeks ago I had an Aclara V2 smart meter and a tri II IHD installed in my home.

I had trouble getting wifi t work with the Trio II and the separately purchased wifi module to communicate with the Cloud but the problem was quickly resolved by Geo.

I initially set the backlight to go off over night but during the day the display stayed on full time.

Now, without any (apparent changes by me) the Trio goes to sleep after a few minutes and the display goes blank. It can be restarted by touching The Home button.

Any idea how I change it back to display always on display, if I feel the need for that types of display?

All I then need is for OVO to get my account updated to the new meter.

One further unrelated point; OVO keep asking me for meter readings. Can I just ignore this until my aacount is upadated to the new meter?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 14 November 2022, 12:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Can you post photos please?

As for your other question, yes I’d recommend submitting manual readings for now, until the smart meter is fully activated.

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply.

I have attached three photos

1. With the screen in the off position - the default sleep condition condition a few minutes after use
  2. With screen on - the condition after the Home key is pressed.
  3. The screen settings.

There is nothing else I can think of to photo.

With regards to the meter readings you have recommended me to send. My question is these.

1. As my account shows only the old meter I cannot send my current readings as they are always rejected as incompatible with the previous readings. How do you suggest that I send the readings?
  2. Can I read the meter from my Trio IHD or must I get them firectly from the meter.

Many thanks for your help and

patience.

David

A couple of further points re my last post.

1. Though the screen brightness is set to 100% the screen is quite dim when it is on
  2. I originally had it running on mains with the batteries in. I have just removed them

Userlevel 7

Updated on 15/06/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Hi @oldun and thanks for posting all of this info. 

It can take up to 6 weeks for the meter exchange info to be sent to us and your OVO account updated. So whilst that happens, there’s no need to submit readings. As you say, it will only look like you’re submitting a wrong reading to your old meters. 

As for the In Home Display screen going into sleep mode. I’m not too sure about it myself. According to the Geo guide:

Display:

Use this setting screen to change the display settings for your Trio.

Brightness

Set the brightness of the screen. This affects all screens. Adjust the brightness by selecting from High (100%), Medium (50%) and Low (20%). When on battery power, brightness will change to Medium, and the screen will switch off after 1 minute of inactivity. Once mains power is restored, the brightness Sleep setting will revert back to the previous values.

Sleep

This setting determines when the Trio’s screen will switch off. Choose from Always, Never or Timed. When set to Always, and on mains power, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen will automatically switch off. When set to Never, the screen is permanently on. When set to Timed, the Screen off option will appear.

Screen off

The screen will be off between the period set. When the screen is off, pressing any button will wake up the device

Thank you for all your help.