Solved

Generation meter reading needed- Secure meter

• 13 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge

I have a secure 100 liberty meter and I have submitted the export reading on the solar panels but not the generation reading does anyone know where I get that figure from the liberty meter?

icon

Best answer by EverythingNeedsAUserName 15 March 2024, 17:35

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ClaireDL , your smart meter does not record solar generation. There should be a separate meter for that. 

Badge

Thanks but I've only got the one meter

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks but I've only got the one meter

Then unless there’s something on the solar system itself, you can’t get a generation reading. Smart Meters like the Liberty don’t record solar generation. 
It’s unusual for there not to be a generation meter .. can you see the solar inverter? 
This guide shows how a typical set up works. Note the generation meter and separate utility meter

Userlevel 7

@ClaireDL if you have a smart meter, you’re able to report the exact amount of energy you export. That means you don’t need to know the amount you generated. 

A generation meter reading is used for FIT customers who don’t have a smart meter and need to know how much they generate so that half of it gets assumed (often to your advantage) as an amount exported. 

@BPLightlog or @EverythingNeedsAUserName will correct me if I'm wrong but I’m pretty sure you’re good with just that export reading. More info on FIT here

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, if memory serves FiT requires both Generation and Export readings. You won’t find the Generation reading on most Smart Meters - you need to look for another meter elsewhere in the property for that.

For SEG, it’s Export readings only. :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I've got a first generation smart Meter, which means that I need to report not only the generation shown by my solar panel meter but also the export kilowatt hours from a manual Reading from my smart Meter!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@ClaireDL on the liberty 100, press 9. The display lights up and you are shown

IMP KWH

EXP KWH

It is this second number that you need. I find it helpful to take a picture with my phone as the display doesn't last long.

You also need the generation meter for FiT. Mine looks like this, it is near the fuse box /consumer unit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ClaireDL , if this is for SEG as Tim mentions you only need an export figure which you know how to get. 
If this is for FIT, there should be a generation meter on the system unless it has been installed wrongly. FIT system get payment for generation as well as export - export can be either deemed or recorded, depending on your metering. With an export register, you would use the measured value

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@ClaireDL on the liberty 100, press 9. The display lights up and you are shown

IMP KWH

EXP KWH

It is this second number that you need. I find it helpful to take a picture with my phone as the display doesn't last long.

You also need the generation meter for FiT. Mine looks like this, it is near the fuse box /consumer unit. 

Our generation meter is nowhere near our fuse box or consumer unit. It is next to the Solar PV inverter … which is in the loft. Fortunately we have a SEG account, so it is not needed!