Solved

Gas smart meter in communication- But reading not changing?

• 27 December 2022
  • 6 replies

• Carbon Cutter*
  • 3 replies

I’m an old SSE customer that was migrated to OVO earlier in the year. Our smart meter has been working fine and according to the website and app, it is sending readings over, but the reading has been the same each day for the last 9 days, despite the heating and water being used.

When I check the reading on the meter itself, it shows the same as the reading that is being sent. 

Looking back, there was also 7 days at the start of the month where this happened, and 3 days last month.

The gas supply is working fine, so no problem there. I’m more than happy not to pay for it but something is definitely not right.

This is the Smart Meter we have.

Any advice would be much appreciated 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 28 December 2022, 14:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

I need to see photos of your actual meter if that’s ok, rather than an image off of the internet.

Thanks

Sure. Excuse the cobwebs

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

And you’re certain gas has been used huh?

It seems the meter might be stuck in a failed state. This is kinda the problem with Landis+Gyr. Their stuff seems to fail far more often than I’d like.

Let me share this with @Tim_OVO as I think a certain someone might want to see this. In the meantime, I’d recommend getting that meter reported as faulty and arrange for it to be replaced. It seems to be dead.

Oh yeah, definitely working, we’ve got heating and hot water working.

I had a feeling you may say it needs replacing. I’ll get it reported tomorrow when they open again.

Thanks for the advice

Userlevel 7

Hey @Md27,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

Unfortunately, it looks like you might need a replacement!

We have more about this topic here:

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Emmanuelle_OVO 

I’ve been in touch with the chat guys this morning and they’ve booked for an engineer to come out to take a look