Solved

Does the cost we see on our IHD include standing charge? Will I still get Economy 10 times?

• 7 November 2022
  • 14 replies

Does the cost we see on smart meter include the standing charges. Also how do you find the rates on the smart meter? or doesn’t it show? Do I still get off peak hours as before e10 I had smart meter ?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 7 November 2022, 12:02

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @mumorg ,

Yup, the standing charges do show on Smart Meters and on IHDs, both the configured rates and costs factor them in.

Please post photos, we’ll help you locate them. I need photos of both the meters and IHD.

Economy 10 no longer exists with Smart Meters either I’m afraid.

Hi Blastoise, I should have read more posts, I have managed to find what I was looking for. Re the e10, will I have to get onto OVO and get the meter changed to e7. Its so confusing. Thanks for your help, you are doing a great job helping us all. good on ya

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. If you had E10 with the old meter, OVO would set the new Smart Meter up for E7 so you wouldn’t need to do that yourself. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just one thing @mumorg , the standing charge doesn’t always display on the In Home Display (IHD). Ours for example shows our electric standing charge but not the gas. You can tell early in the day before much power is used. They are a good indication of energy used but I always go back to the OVO app or web to see actual charges. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just one thing @mumorg , the standing charge doesn’t always display on the In Home Display (IHD). Ours for example shows our electric standing charge but not the gas. You can tell early in the day before much power is used. They are a good indication of energy used but I always go back to the OVO app or web to see actual charges. 

Is that a fault on your IHD?

I thought all IHDs were meant to display standing charge and VAT by design? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

They should. It’s usually just because it’s either not configured on the gas meter/gas proxy properly, or the IHD wasn’t able to retrieve it for some reason.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was told not … but I can’t be sure, all I know is a number of them don’t always show the standing charge

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I was told not … but I can’t be sure, all I know is a number of them don’t always show the standing charge

Should they all show standing charge unless their is an error 

Do you know @Blastoise186 @Tim_OVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Jeffus just checked on the ‘account’ screen on mine and that shows both Elec and Gas standing charges but if I’m up late and see the front ‘cost’ screen for the new day my Elec shows my standing charge but my Gas shows zero

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Might it be that the gas standing charge gets registered during the day ? I think I noticed this on my rental property account…

I have an electric wet heat system that runs on economy 10 so if ovo say they don't do a smart e10 meter which I know they do as my neighbour has it I would end up with no heating except from midnight to 7am on an economy 7 meter .

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can still boost to get immediate heating if you need it - but using the boost function would be charged at Peak rates if used outside of Economy 7 hours.

Userlevel 7

Should they all show standing charge unless their is an error 

Do you know @Tim_OVO

Just checked this and yes,  all In Home Displays incorporate the standing charge as part of the costs info displayed, for electricity and gas, and should be laid out in the technical specifications of each device. 

I have an electric wet heat system that runs on economy 10 so if ovo say they don't do a smart e10 meter which I know they do as my neighbour has it I would end up with no heating except from midnight to 7am on an economy 7 meter .

I am interested in economy 10 smart meters.

@barnie Can you publish the make and model number of your neighbour’s economy 10 smart meter.

Thanks

*Moderator added the tag to this comment*