Solved

How long does it take for ops dept to solve a case

• 26 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi i have had my case at the ops dept since February  i had a new smart meter installed january as the readings didnt match the ones ovo had despite numerous photos been sent and the engineer confirming the readings didnt match im still showing a huge bill on my account im constantly in touch getting holds put on my account so they dont change my direct debit to unaffordable amounts its increasingly stressful i just cannot understand why it isnt sorted i feel as im not being believed despite the evidence to support me has anyone else had a similair experience or know how much longer it will take to resolve sorry for the big rant 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 7 June 2023, 13:02

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Who knows i had problem still waiting for them to correct my account always say there busy and cant give a time line when they will sort it wish i stayed with old suppliler least they sort of problem 

Userlevel 1

Yes and dont give you any help to get thing put right 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi i have had my case at the ops dept since February  i had a new smart meter installed january as the readings didnt match the ones ovo had despite numerous photos been sent and the engineer confirming the readings didnt match im still showing a huge bill on my account im constantly in touch getting holds put on my account so they dont change my direct debit to unaffordable amounts its increasingly stressful i just cannot understand why it isnt sorted i feel as im not being believed despite the evidence to support me has anyone else had a similair experience or know how much longer it will take to resolve sorry for the big rant 

If you put in an official complaint, then OVO only have 8 weeks before you can ask the Energy Ombudsman to help you. 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

Collections should be able to freeze your Direct Debits for 3 months. 

0800 0699 831

Userlevel 7

Hey @lynzyt47,

Really sorry to hear this,

Do you have an update on the issue?

Timeframes are dependent on what department it’s been raised to, some departments may not have timeframes. It also depends on how reliant we are on third parties to get an issue resolved. 

If you ask for a timeframe and this isn’t fulfilled, it might be worth following @Jeffus’ advice. 

Hope this helps. 

Emmanuelle_OVO   I have folllowed @Jeffus  advice and put in a complaint i was once again asked to provide a picture of my meter which i did and have done on at least 3 occasions was told it would be forwarded to the relevant department i now have another email saying my payments are going up despite me phoning the ops dept and they were supposed to put a hold on my account again this is the 3rd time ive done this im actually at breaking point looks like i have no choice but to go to the ombdusman

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Emmanuelle_OVO   I have folllowed @Jeffus  advice and put in a complaint i was once again asked to provide a picture of my meter which i did and have done on at least 3 occasions was told it would be forwarded to the relevant department i now have another email saying my payments are going up despite me phoning the ops dept and they were supposed to put a hold on my account again this is the 3rd time ive done this im actually at breaking point looks like i have no choice but to go to the ombdusman

It can be really frustrating. 

Keep good notes of all interactions with OVO.

I do really question the quality of OVO’s IT system and process for tracking cases when reading threads like this. 

These are generic observations, no one needs access to the OVO systems to observe this: Not expecting OVO to be able to answer as it is difficult without access to the account. 

1. It really doesn't matter what individual OVO  department timescales are. It shouldn't take this much elapsed time to sort out? Isn’t there some tracking and auto escalated process based on time for an overall issue? 

2. Why do OVO often ask for the same information multiple times? Can't they see the information previously requested? Is there some generic system or process issue? 

3. Why is the DD freezing process still not working consistently, this is seen regularly on the forum? 

I would have thought this is relatively simple to work through

OVO have confirmation from one of their own Engineers (at least a contractor if not an employee). They have at least 4 sets of photos. No other Energy supplier is involved as with normal meter reading disputes. 

A shame when suppliers let themselves down. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @lynzyt47,

I’m so sorry to hear this,

I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out to you, please keep an eye on your private messages. 

@lynzyt47 
Good morning. Please how were you able to resolve the case? I have similar case as yours and I have tried and tried with no result. It is really depressing and frustrating. I was in contact with ovo yesterday and was told my meter is still not communicating with them and that the complaint handler will give me a call yesterday (a call I never received). I was told the account will be put on hold but apparently not done because I received an email saying an unaffordable amount has be updated as my direct debit. I already have my regrets using OVO. They are not taking this seriously and another painful part of the whole thing is that. Each time I call, I have to explain everything all over and this is really depressing. Sent meter readings, kettle test readings, and pictures of the meter with same response that the meter is not communicating with them ( took them a whole year to detect that). That is how I was also told they sent an engineer to get a meter readings which is a false statement because my meter is locked away and needs key for someone to access it. 

please I will appreciate if you can share how your case was resolved.