Solved

How do I contact OVO Energy?

• 13 March 2017
  • 63 replies

What is the contact number for OVO, and why do they not advertise this. It seems incredibly difficult to speak to someone at OVO, a problem I've not had with other suppliers.

icon

Best answer by EverythingNeedsAUserName 29 January 2018, 18:39

View original

63 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi David

First of all welcome to the OVO Forum! Thanks for signing up and posting your first question.

Don't forget to add a picture and fill in your profile as it helps us help you and get to you know you a bit better along the way. I've updated the title of your post and added some tags to help other customers that might have the same question, find this topic on our forum.

Here's a link to our website where you can find the details you need. You haven't included why you need to get in touch, so I have linked you to the contact us home page and you can simply choose the right options to get the number you need to call.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/contact

Hope this helps, if you have a question, why not search the forum first, someone else may already have asked it. Saves you calling us. If you cannot find an answer, why not post your question and we can all work together to help answer it.

Thanks

Darran
I have a smart meter fitting booked for 3rd Oct. I have received a text saying to call with at least 48 hours notice to cancel.
I need to cancel.
There is no telephone number in the text.
There is no telephone number, email address, chat link or ANYTHING ELSE ANYWHERE on your worse than useless website that will enable me to contact you, so other than getting in my car and driving into London and banging on your office door, just how am I meant to give you 48 hours notice?
Userlevel 7
I have a smart meter fitting booked for 3rd Oct. I have received a text saying to call with at least 48 hours notice to cancel.
I need to cancel.
There is no telephone number in the text.
There is no telephone number, email address, chat link or ANYTHING ELSE ANYWHERE on your worse than useless website that will enable me to contact you, so other than getting in my car and driving into London and banging on your office door, just how am I meant to give you 48 hours notice?

Managed to get this cancelled yet @benjiboy :?

Our Contact details can be found in the link in Darran's 'best answer' (at the top). In fact to save you some time here's that link: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers#contactnumbers.

Tim
Userlevel 3
If you're on the OVO website, www.ovoenergy.com, just click HELP near the top right...

Scroll down to Still not found what you're looking for? Call one of our team >

and click that. Phone number tastic

x

Edit : But Yes, check the website answers pages and this forum for answers first, he added quickly. sorry Mods...
I want to be able to contact OVO about our renewed contract. Having read other answers I just go round and round various answer sections but no info on actually contacting OVO. Having been a customer for several years I am very disappointed at how impossible it is to make contact.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 17/04/24 by Shads_OVO: 

Our Support team’s web messaging and WhatsApp opening hours will be:

• 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday 

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

Our Support team can be contacted by phone on 0330 303 5063 between:

• 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. 

You can see all open contact channels via our Help Centre

If you need to contact the team on a Sunday, our Social team is able to support you. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter from 9am - 5pm. This team is also able to schedule an emergency meter appointment if needed. More info on what to do in an emergency here

Collections can be contacted by web chat from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday and 9am-2pm Saturday, and by phone (0800 0699 9831) from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday . Start a webchat conversations or or call with our Collections team here. Also you can see our page on payment support here.

Thank you.
I've not yet completed my switch to OVO, but already have had several emails asking me to do things from 'no reply' emails, with no information about how to contact OVO to ask a question or provide some additional information.
Then I go online to try to find a way to contact them, only to be sent here.
I think this is APPALLINGLY BAD customer service, and I am seriously regretting my decision to switch to OVO.
Userlevel 5
Sorry to hear this @Robin Beveridge. I've moved your topic onto this thread as all of our Customer Care contact details can be found at the top of this topic.

Alongside our Customer Care contact details, you can also contact the Social Team on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy/ or Twitter - https://twitter.com/OVOEnergy.
I think your reply misses the point. It is far too hard to contact OVO for ordinary day to day contact. I don't want my every conversation with you to be on a public forum, or via social media. Nor do I want to escalate every conversation to being a Customer Care issue. I just want an easy and visible way to contact you to discuss my account.
You know, in the way that nearly all other companies somehow manage...

Hi All. sent an email to OVO  yesterday (unfortunate complaint) and didnt get an email acknowledgment. My email could still be in the  ether for all I know. Do OVO have an acknowledgment email system? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @RCD ,

Just curious, but how did you send the complaint? Was it via the contact form at https://ovoenergy.com/feedback or directly to the email address?

Hi @Blastoise186 

I emailed to complaints@ovoenergy.com. Most companies have an automatic acknowledgement - so I am a bit surprised. (Nothing in junk). 

RCD

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That doesn’t sound like a valid email address I’m aware of. Try sending it again via the contact form at https://ovonergy.com/feedback .

@Blastoise186 

Cheers. I'll have a go with that one. Thanks

Just how does anyone get a response from OVO?

To date, I have had a 2 hour phone call only to be cut off. A web chat for 90 minutes, cut off. Ive posted a letter with no response yet. I tried web chat at 8am this morning only to be told they were extremely busy and cut me off. and this afternoon, a 3 hour web chat waiting for the collections dept. What more can I do. ? OVO are rubbish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @ovocustomerfedup ,

What were you trying to call about? I might be able to help or suggest alternative options.

they want to increase my direct debit which I refuse to pay. I have offered to monitor my account (as I already do) and will make additional payments as and when necessary I just want to speak to them

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

In that case, try 0800 0699 831. I think it’s open for a bit longer today, but the call volumes are pretty high so it may take a little longer to get through.

Badge +1

With variable  prices increasing by 80% from October 2022 it has to be expected that Direct Debits will need to go up for all those on variable tariffs.  And if a significant proportion of those people try to contact customers services at the same time - well you’ve experienced the result.

Most customers will find the changes shocking, but that doesn’t automatically mean that the new assessments are wrong.

The only certain way to lower your bills in the longer term is to use less energy.  The direct debit is just a smoothing system to iron out the peaks and troughs in people’s bills. Its meant to be a help rather than an ogre. 

While the government will probably offer more help, taking control by lowering consumption will eventually provide us with greater satisfaction.

I understand all the problems but that doesn't help when you get the initial response only to be put through to someone else and then to be cut off. I monitor my account, I send weekly meter readings, I have never been in debt with my energy, indeed I am £500 in credit. Surely they realise that most people will be using less energy as people can't afford these huge increases. 

Userlevel 1

Rumour has it cap will be set at 2500 for 18 months, will OVO reduce DD if this the case.

Hi All

Ever since Ovo Joined SSE it has been impossible to speak to an actual person. Over 30 min waiting time on phone, no comeback on message and no one available on call back.

Has anyone else had this issue and what have they done about it. I am so frustrated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Beany ,

What were you trying to call OVO about? I might be able to answer your question as a forum volunteer right here, or if I can’t then I can recommend some alternative contact options.

Our meter is dead - We have no gas so cannot heat either water or the house and cannot cook. The OVO call centre is closed. The vaunted chat service should be open on Saturday mornings but is “unavailable”. Who can I talk to re-instate my supply?