Billing and Statements - What do I need to know?

• 5 November 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Utility bills are often requested by banks and similar as proof of address. The old statement format achieved that, as it was in the format of a letter with my name and address and I successfully have used it on a few occasions. You appear to now have taken that away. Given that the functionality to generate the statements was clearly already in place, you have taken a retrograde step. I don't suppose you are going to reinstatement proper statements now, but it is frustrating that you have removed something that customers like me found useful.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
When will we start to see this new billing system in operation? Currently MyOVO is still displaying the same information I've been seeing all along, I can even see and download monthly statements like I've been doing for the last 3 years. Admittedly daily usage graphs were an addition a while back but I see those more as a novelty feature really, they certainly don't help me make any savings. If I notice I've used more energy one day compared to another it's usually expected because I've been doing some washing or hoovering or I've cooked a roast, I do those kind of things most days so peaks and troughs on the graph are normal. As I say it seems more of a novelty to see that information.
Good article. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Good article. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

Read something similar in another thread. Be sure to check it out too

Utility bills are often requested by banks and similar as proof of address. The old statement format achieved that, as it was in the format of a letter with my name and address and I successfully have used it on a few occasions. You appear to now have taken that away. Given that the functionality to generate the statements was clearly already in place, you have taken a retrograde step. I don't suppose you are going to reinstatement proper statements now, but it is frustrating that you have removed something that customers like me found useful.

Was an answer ever provided for this? I really need this, now, and couldn't find a solution.

Thanks

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings