F.A.Q.

OVO Energy Live billing platform and monthly summaries - What do I need to know?

OVO Energy Live billing platform and monthly summaries - What do I need to know?

Show first post

264 replies

Very helpful thank you

Hi. Have you solved you issue? I just got today the same email requested £377! I’ve paid all bills previously and today found that all historical bills changed for a much higher amount and some of payments just disappeared!  

They basically have said we are at fault! How do you pay your bill? 

I’m paying from the webpage without direct debit. I had some overpayments that were returned to the account, but today I found that they disappeared!

They basically have said we are at fault! How do you pay your bill? 

It’s really shame! Have you have to pay all requested amount?

Yes that’s how we pay. They’ve tried to fob us off saying that the usage doesn’t make up our whole bill and because we only paid the usage we missed out on paying for the standing charges?! Never even heard of this. So therefore we are at fault and have to pay!! Absolutely livid 

Userlevel 7

Hi @JS2024,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this. I’m afraid we don’t have access to your account here however, I’d be happy to try to help. Just so I can get a better understanding of the issue, do you have smart or traditional meters at your property? Are your bills currently showing estimated meter readings?

Hi @JS2024 , as no one here has access to your account, we can only guess. 
Are there any earlier bills which were from a switch? Were you moved from SSE?

Do you have copies of the previous bills to compare and see what exactly has changed?

From that, it might be possible to get to the bottom of the problem. 

BP has highlighted some very valid points here that this could be the result of a migration read dispute. If you would be willing to share the answers to the questions above this will help us drill down to where the issues could be coming from. You can find more information on read disputes here:

Meter Reading Disputes - What are they? 

Hi. Have you solved you issue? I just got today the same email requested £377! I’ve paid all bills previously and today found that all historical bills changed for a much higher amount and some of payments just disappeared!  

Hi @OksanaBondar 

I’m really sorry to hear this. Just so I can figure out what would be best to advise, please let me know if you’ve recently submitted a meter reading? This may be why your bills have been recalculated if you’ve previously been getting estimated bills.

You can also check your online account here to see if there are any estimated readings that may be causing issues with your billing amounts as when you submit a new reading, older estimates can be recalculated to ensure you are being billed correctly. 

When is the best time to give my meter readings to avoid estimated bills?

Another helpful thing to share would be the kind of meter that you have as this will give us a better understanding of your home setup.

Hope this helps.

Hi. I have smart meter and my readings are not changed, but it was broken 2 months and for that period bills were changed for huge amount!! Let me please know how is possible to use 100m3 of gas for a summer month when I'm using 60-70m3 for winter month?!?

Another issue my overpayments that were done to SSE and have been returned to my account, but they disappeared from my account in some way.

It seems that your company is not very much respectful for customers, as it is not only my issue! There are a lot of the same published here

We have a smart meter for electricity but not for gas. We were promised a smart meter for gas years ago when we went through our last issue with you. But as always nothing seems to be upheld and you constantly seem to bleed people dry for no reason. We currently need to pay nearly £400 and for what? We put in regular meter readings for gas and hardly use anything when looking at our usage. The bills should be showing accurate readings. But who knows. Seems like you make it up as we go along and it’s always changing! 

Userlevel 6

Hi @OksanaBondar @JS2024 

I’m really sorry for the issues you’ve both been experiencing with this. I’m going to have our Forum Support reach out to you both separately about this so they can look to help with this.

Keep an eye out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

On my account summary page online, the amount to pay is much more than the sum of the monthly billing history. 

Please can you clarify? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Daniel Clark ,

Sorry, but we can’t do that here - we’re not the Support Team and can’t access your account.

Please try https://ovoenergy.com/help for contact options.

Thanks

Userlevel 6

I think that what you are seeing online is the difference between the current Calender month, and your particular Billing month.

On the online portal what you first see us your usage for the Calender month. So from the first of the month to date.

That is not the same as your billing period which does not (usually) start on the first of the month

So what is shown for the current Calender month will not be the same as what is shown for your particular Billing month which (usually) starts on a different date.

Drop down the page and look at what it says for your current bill (with “so many” days left until the billing period ends).

Then- Check what Calender month it is showing you. It may still be the last month, and you may have used more in the current Billing month.

And yes, it can be confusing at first.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Daniel Clark

I can already see our volunteers have provided a lot of handy tips when it comes to checking your billing. 

There is a really handy guide here which covers most topics. If you have any account specific questions you can contact our Support Team

I hope this helps.