Solved

V2G Export Tariff, plans for 2023?

• 17 November 2022
  • 16 replies

Badge

With only 6 weeks to the end of the year do we know if the V2G export tariffs will continue into the new year. It’s tricky making any plans regarding cars, charging, V2H or energy suppliers not knowing what January’s billing will look like.

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 18 November 2022, 12:14

View original

16 replies

Badge

Agree! Similar position. Hopefully going to hear this month, one month’s notice.  After the recent V2G/V2H survey I’d hope OVO are going to offer a V2H package, 

Userlevel 7

Hey @IanJBelper and @Maverick,

I did some asking around for you, the team that deal with V2G have advised they’ll be reaching out to customers about this in the next week or so.

Keep an eye on your emails 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Do you know if the V2G trial will be extended again beyond the 31st of March 2023?

Thanks

Kihon

Userlevel 7

Hi @kihon 

Look out for an email from OVO this week about this!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Tim_OVO 

Has the email been sent to participants? No sign yet for me :(

Thanks

Kihon

Edit: tell a lie. Looks like it went to my spam folder. Scheme extended till September!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Tim_OVO 

Is there anyway to get the amount exported each month? Last month I got less than I expected from the V2G export credit, and so far I have not received any this billing period (Normally I see the credit added at the beginning of the month - in the middle of the billing period) I wanted to make sure I am still receiving the credit, which is supposed to last till September.

I did a quick calculation based on the figures from the Kaluza app, and it appears that the efficiency is around 77% (13kwh into the car, 10 out) when the car is kept on the charger 24hours, which means that at .34 pence import, and .45 export, there is effectively no cash benefit for keeping the car connected (100kwh import at £34 would result in 77kwh exported for £34) so the only real benefit to me is from the Solar export. Do you agree?

Thanks

Kihon

Userlevel 7

Hey @kihon,

Thanks for your question! I got an update on this from the team:

None of our V2G customers will have been paid yet this month. Their S1 smart meters have now all migrated to the DCC. Some migrated midway through April meaning they have only been partially paid for their April exports. The rest will have migrated during May. We are currently working out a way to get peoples export data from the DCC and reconcile what everyone is owed. We'll be contacting customers about this soon.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO ,

Has there been any update on this please? If you are unable to resolve the issue before the new price cap kicks in will you be able to correctly establish how much was exported before and how much after the price cap change? Given that we just break even based on the 11p over the import price for electricity, if we imported at the current rate, but get paid based on the new rate, we would be loosing money on each kwh.

Do we need to take export readings from our meter before the change?

Thanks

Kihon

Userlevel 7

Hey @kihon,

I’ll find out if there’s any update on this from the team and get back to you. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @kihon,

Thanks for your patience, please check out this update: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO ,

Its getting close to the end of the V2G trial again. Is there any news on whether it is being extended beyond September 2023 please?

Thanks

Kihon

Userlevel 6

Hey @kihon 

I’ve asked the team for an update on this, I’ll pop back here when I’ve got an answer🙂

Userlevel 6

Hey @kihon 

I spoke to the team and there’s no update at the moment on this. If we do hear of anything, we’ll update this thread to keep things updated.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Abby_OVO 

Would you be able to confirm if we will receive a V2G payment in October (for exports in September) please? Or is the last credit in September for exports in August?

Thanks again,

Kihon

Userlevel 7

Hey @kihon,

The V2G team are sending out an email communication to trialists today 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Just wanted to check if there is any news on whether the V2G trial is likely to be extended beyond this month please?

Thanks

Kihon