Solved

The Indra Smart LUX & Charge Anytime compatibility

Hi, 

I’m looking at changing my ChargePoint EV home charger to the The Indra Smart LUX however need to confirm that the EV charger will work with the Charge Anytime facility? 

Im currently charging 2 vehicles (a Tesla and a Vauxhall Vivaro E) using the ChargePoint however due to their being no support for a Vauxhall Vivaro E, I need to swap the charger. 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by GJ1 21 July 2023, 12:47

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AdrianT , I think this might be one for the    Smarthome@ovoenergy.com team. Looking at the spec, as that is a new version from Indra it probably will be ok but you’ll need to double check. I haven’t seen anyone list that previously 

Hi @BPLightlog thanks for your reply. I’ll email them directly 🤞

Userlevel 6

Hey @AdrianT 

Glad BPLightlog has been able to give you some advice on this!

Feel free to update this thread when you hear back from the team as it could be helpful for other Community Members looking to install the same charger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Unfortunately the last time the moderators asked the smart home team the charger was definitely not compatible. This was about a month ago

So be interesting to hear if anything has changed @AdrianT

The advice then was to purchase the Indra Smart Pro

OVO haven't added the charger to their list on the website as I type. I would hope the website is updated as soon as a charger or vehicle was added 😀

https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime-cars-and-chargers

Perhaps the forum would benefit if we had a separate thread for the main chargers? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Updated on 01/11/23 by Tim_OVO:

There are now two ways you can get Charge Anytime:

You must have an eligible EV or Smart Charger, we’re constantly looking into ways to broaden eligibility of this product so if your technology isn’t currently on this list keep an eye on our page for updates! 

I had an email conversation with Leah Brannelly from Indra about the Smart LUX charger and compatibility with Ovo’s Charge Anytime tariff.  She explained ”our chargers are compatible with any tariff. We have multiple customer that already use the OVO anytime tariff so this would work just fine”.  I then asked specifically whether the Smart LUX charger would work with the tariff and she mentioned “yes this is correct, however I will just note that the OVO tariff is only compatible with the Indra Web app.  The functionality of the Smart PRO and Smart LUX is exactly the same around the apps. The PRO is compatible with the Indra web app and the Indra app, but if you want to take full advantage of the OVO anytime tariff with the LUX you would need to be using the Indra web app, we expect people to be able to use our newest app with the OVO anytime tariff in the near future”.

In summary, from this conversation the Smart LUX should work wit Ovo’s Charge Anytime tariff.  I am planning to get one of those chargers in the next couple of months, but if anybody is already using one, please provide feedback in this forum

Userlevel 7

Hey @GJ1,

Thank you for your question, I’ve asked the team about this internally. I’ll get back to you on this topic. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @GJ1,

The team got back to me with the following advice:

Yes, the Smart Lux is compatible. You can find the full terms here it's got eligibility under section 5 including a link to the list of compatible EVs and changepoints.

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime-cars-and-chargers

Hey @GJ1,

The team got back to me with the following advice:

Yes, the Smart Lux is compatible. You can find the full terms here it's got eligibility under section 5 including a link to the list of compatible EVs and changepoints.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks Emmanuelle. We’ve just bought an EV which isn’t compatible with Charge Anytime and so we’re looking to buy a compatible charger instead. We’d like the Indra Smart Lux, but it’s not possible to order the Smart Lux via the Charge Anytime signup process (at the moment, you can still only order the Smart PRO). Do you have any idea when the Lux may become available to order?

Thanks,

Jon

Userlevel 7

Hi @JondaE, I’ve been advised that buying Indra Smart Lux charger via OVO won’t be for a few months at least due to some things that need working out. 

Thank you @Tim_OVO. I’m assuming that the delay is more around the procurement and logistics rather than some technical incompatibility, so am thinking that if we source one from elsewhere and get it fitted, we should then able to join Charge Anytime right away. Do you know if this is likely to be the case?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @Tim_OVO. I’m assuming that the delay is more around the procurement and logistics rather than some technical incompatibility, so am thinking that if we source one from elsewhere and get it fitted, we should then able to join Charge Anytime right away. Do you know if this is likely to be the case?

Hi @Tim_OVO I am also getting an Indra LUX installed next week (I ordered it directly from Indra).  Please confirm if what I understand of the setup process is correct:

1. The Indra LUX gets installed
  2. I need to setup an account and password in the Indra web app
  3. I add the Charge Anytime option in the Ovo account page
  4. In Ovo I need to use the same credentials I setup in the Indra web app
  5. Set up the time I want the car charged in the Indra web app
  6. Plug the car in
  7. Relax while the charger and Indra web app find the best time to charge the car

Please let me know if this is correct.  Thanks in advance  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There’s a good thread here about using an Indra charger (both the Pro and Lux are compatible)

Indra also have their own guides here

https://www.indra.co.uk/support/

It’s also best to keep any post questions to one place to help any answers. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@BPLightlog thanks for the info. And yes, I agree it’s bet to post in a single place. Thanks again