Solved

Solis app not showing any details other than energy produced since we installed the solis inverter?

Badge

Hi,

we recently installed the solis inverter. However on the app it’s not showing any details other than the energy produced. We have smart meter installed as well. I don’t see the below block at all as in the user manual.

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 13 April 2023, 08:52

View original

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @pumpkin and welcome to this customer forum. There are a few members with your type of setup who may be able to help. The first checks are usually straightforward .. checking the position of the clamp(s) around your meter and distribution board. If these are in the wrong place or pointing the wrong way they can cause reading problems. Also your wi-fi feed. Perhaps post an image of those here (no personal details as it’s a public forum)

Whats the rest of your system? 

Badge

@BPLightlog Aftter changing some settings in the solis inverter I am able to see the data in the cloud but it looks the data is incorrect. I suspect it is showing whatever actually consumed as imported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On first look you don’t seem to be consuming much from the grid (top right - pylon). On that day the app shows that you imported around 2kWh  .. you can check that against what your supplier reports although the solar apps are not entirely accurate anyway. 
The system will always report what the home uses so that’s in the bottom right hand corner. 
Then top left you can see the solar array generation. 
I did find an instruction card on this a while ago .. I’ll see if I can find it again. It’s worth checking as your settings now don’t show your battery

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Take a look here @pumpkin section 4

https://www.soliscloud.com/SolisCloud%20Operation%20Manual-UserV1.0.pdf

Badge

@pumpkin I've just moved into a property with PV's so still trying to figure things out but have a similar issue. All I can see is the current solar production.

Can you advise what settings you changed on the inverter to rectify? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7

Welcome to the forum, Simon!

@pumpkin @BPLightlog any advice for the solar newbie @simon258 ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @simon258 , do you know if there was good information prior to your move? It can depend on several things; position of sensors, inverter settings, system etc. I’d be interested what @pumpkin changed as well but the manual I posted above is a useful start. 

Badge

Hi @BPLightlog , no previous info at all unfortunately, however after doing some digging online and on our install may have found the issue... No CT clamp. I'm assuming when this is installed it may start spitting out additional info. FYI my inverter is Solis Mini 2500 4G.

Badge

Hi,

The settings changed were first turn off the grid first and then go to internal ep settings and then look for consumption option and toggle it.  Also go to 24h option and enable it. Finally Turn the grid on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BPLightlog , no previous info at all unfortunately, however after doing some digging online and on our install may have found the issue... No CT clamp. I'm assuming when this is installed it may start spitting out additional info. FYI my inverter is Solis Mini 2500 4G.

Manual here https://www.ginlong.com/Uploads/file/Solis_Manual_mini(0.7-3.6)K_4G_AUS.pdf

or here (if the AUS version isn’t quite right)

https://www.solartex.co/tienda/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Solis-Mini-1kW-DC-Manual-Usuario.pdf

Badge +1

Hi, I have the same problem as Simon258, my app is only showing the circle with energy produced.

However yesterday it was showing the overview with battery, solar and grid. Now back just to the energy produced.

Has anyone got a solution to get this app working properly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kimbilly , what system do you have and is it the Solis app you are using ? They did have an update a while ago so checking the version would also be useful

Badge +1

Solis inverter, pylontech batteries, solis cloud app that was installed a week or so ago

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok, so it should be fully up to date then. Did it work right just after the installation? With it being there sometimes, it sounds like a connection problem maybe. Perhaps one of the others can advise further

Badge +1

no the app only showed the energy produced.

Then all of a sudden the overview showed battery, pv & grid.

Then it disappeared again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

no the app only showed the energy produced.

Then all of a sudden the overview showed battery, pv & grid.

Then it disappeared again!

I don’t know if it helps but a user above (pumpkin) changed some inverter settings

Hi,

The settings changed were first turn off the grid first and then go to internal ep settings and then look for consumption option and toggle it.  Also go to 24h option and enable it. Finally Turn the grid on.

There is a link to the user guide also if you don’t have one

Badge +1

I tried to change the parameters as suggested on the Solis inverter. Couldn’t find them.

But now the overview has appeared in my app.

All readings are rubbish.

No batteries shown 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kimbilly , there are some odd values on that image .. levels of MWh are not what you’d expect from your system. 
It sounds like there’s a problem with your measurement sensors. Can’t you get the installers back to sort it if it’s not been right since install?

It’s difficult to identify this without direct access to your system unfortunately 

Badge +1

The system has been installed since 2018.

I previously had a type 2 dongle that never worked properly. So I have recently changed to a type 3 dongle, that is much better. 

System seems to be working ok!

On the overview: the batteries aren't shown.

It only shows the energy going to grid.

Does show energy going into house.

Or battery energy going to grid or house

Yes the figures are incorrect.

The solar energy created is correct.

Badge +1

This is the only real problem with the Solis Inverter…….the Solis Cloud App isn’t very good!….when compared to the apps my friends use.

IS THERE ANOTHER APP?

Badge +1

All my friends have just “Plug & Play”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ve not found an alternative for the inverter but others might have. 
I have a LuxPower inverter and so use their app and web portal. Solis do have a web version as well - I don’t know if that might be better. The sign on should be the same as the app. 

Badge +1

Hi,

I’ve looked on the web portal and can’t see the overview.

Now the overview has disappeared from the app. 

It is flakey!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi,

I’ve looked on the web portal and can’t see the overview.

Now the overview has disappeared from the app. 

It is flakey!

Sorry, I’m not being much help .. it does seem like a problem with the link to the measurement system. Perhaps someone can check on the new dongle, just to see that it is connecting 

Badge +1

Hi, I have solar with a solis inverter and battery storage. Over the last week I noticed an increase in energy usage on my smart meter. Looking at the plant information on the Solis App it seems to be giving incorrect readings for the house consumption and no data for grid import/export. I have not physically changed anything although interestingly my energy provider did change my tariff last week. The result of this is that the battery doesn't kick in to cover peak usage as the Inverter is not detecting real time usage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.