Solved

Power Rewards on Play Store Apps

• 22 November 2022
  • 19 replies

Hi as anyone heard of power rewards on play store is it worth down loading ?

icon

Best answer by nealmurphy 22 November 2022, 17:17

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 15/01/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO: 

Are you an OVO customer and interested in being part of a grid balancing scheme? Check out Power Move and Power Move Plus: 

Hi @Ghunter100 

Power Rewards is now one of several schemes that rewards you for saving energy at specific times when the National Grid could be under stress. It requires access to your smart meter data. You can only sign up to one of these schemes at a time and need to opt in to each event (the second test is this evening (22nd November) between 17:30 and 18:30).

Check out other schemes from the likes of Hugo or Loop to see if any are more beneficial to you as the method of rembursement and threshold for payments do vary.

In the first test the demand was reduced by over 100MWh,  the equivalent of a gas power station.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@nealmurphy is the second test for everyone today or just octopus ? I’m on Loop and haven’t heard

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@juliamc everyone was open to bid on it. Looking at the info on the NG ESO website it looks like activity has been quite busy. (Orange Power Ltd who operate Power Rewards are there). Not sure what name Loop would come under on the trading sheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ah ! I’ve nudged the heat pump down half a degree anyway which has stopped it for now - downtime !

What does this power rewards or loop do ???

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

What does this power rewards or loop do ???

There's a link to the Loop scheme on this forum thread:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@juliamc everyone was open to bid on it. Looking at the info on the NG ESO website it looks like activity has been quite busy. (Orange Power Ltd who operate Power Rewards are there). Not sure what name Loop would come under on the trading sheet.

Loop is the trading name of Trust Power

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Nothing down as Trust Power on the Utilisation Report that I can see for either of the tests. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nothing down as Trust Power on the Utilisation Report that I can see for either of the tests. 

They’re listed as an authorised participant 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@BPLightlog bids for the test sessions shown on this page

https://data.nationalgrideso.com/dfs/demand-flexibility-service-test-events/r/dfs_utilisation_report_-_test

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Well I turned the heat pump off for the hour anyway. However my Loop graph really shows up how much the Legionella cycle uses, it ran at 3pm today and took apparently about 5kWh. Looking again on HeetGeek it appears to be quite pointless for us. That’s something I can switch off permanently 😊.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well I turned the heat pump off for the hour anyway. However my Loop graph really shows up how much the Legionella cycle uses, it ran at 3pm today and took apparently about 5kWh. Looking again on HeetGeek it appears to be quite pointless for us. That’s something I can switch off permanently 😊.

I’d not heard about Heat Geek before .. thanks @juliamc 

Good to be able to see the results on Loop an hour or so later (yes this does go up to 9pm)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I wonder if I’ve actually properly signed up for the loop switch off … although I’ve put my details in more than once !! I’ve deleted the app and will reinstall to see if it makes any difference. 🤞🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I wonder if I’ve actually properly signed up for the loop switch off … although I’ve put my details in more than once !! I’ve deleted the app and will reinstall to see if it makes any difference. 🤞🏻

I didn’t get anything from Loop on this … I’m still just testing what we can do 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ah… I’ve sent Loop support an email  so I’ll let you know what they say. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Update… I am signed up and they expect to start enrolling customers on the events next week. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok thanks - good to know. Will keep an eye out and on Hugo too

So can you join Power Rewards if your energy company, in my case Eon, have also been offering discounts for power saving? Do they happen at the same times or different dates?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So can you join Power Rewards if your energy company, in my case Eon, have also been offering discounts for power saving? Do they happen at the same times or different dates?

If the scheme is part of that run by National Grid (DFS) then you can only be part of one scheme. Some suppliers have alternative schemes. You need to check because if you sign up to more than one from National Grid, then neither will count