Solved

My Solis Cloud App not displaying all data? Is my energy being detected correctly?

• 13 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, hope that you can help.

We had solar panels fitted yesterday with a battery.

i downloaded and setup the solis cloud app. This shows when the battery is charging or discharging but does not show any love input from the panels or the grid. Though in the case of the grid it shows an overall input amount. Do I need to play with the settings? Or have the sensors not been correctly set up?

TIA. 

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 14 December 2022, 09:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @Stuthesaint,

Sorry- I don’t know much about the Solis Cloud App. 

We do have a few members I know who have Solar Panels who might have the App- @sylm_2000 @PeterR1947 @EverythingNeedsAUserName? They may have had a similar experience.

If not, it might be worth getting in touch with the installers. 

We do have some similar threads that might contain some helpful information:

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sorry, can’t help, mine’s a Fronius

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Sorry, SolarEdge for the panels, and LuxPower for the batteries. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stuthesaint have you seen anything further on your system? I use solar PV myself and although not a Solis system, they are all pretty similar. 
There are a few in the forum who do have Solis and it seems that it is common for the current clamps (which detect energy being produced and used) to be installed back to front. 
Can you show a picture of what you see on the app? Perhaps we can help from there. 

Hi @Stuthesaint 

i wonder if you managed to solve this problem with the data you were seeing on the app. I have had Solar and a battery system fitting and seem to be having the exact same problem. I can see the battery charging/consumption and the energy the house is using but cannot see the PV yield or the import/export (see photo) 

thanks for any advice 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cope as I’ve mentioned earlier on this thread, it seems a common problem with the clamps which measure the current flow to be installed the wrong way around (they are ‘direction’ sensitive) and so this might be the cause. They look something like this near your meter and there should be two  

There’s an arrow on the side which is difficult to see but generally should point towards the meter.