Solved

Looking to switch from British Gas to OVO and add OVO Charge Anytime for my Q4 e tron EV?

• 16 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I am currently with British gas and they are not offering me any reduced rates for charging an EV so looking at changing to OVO.

Can someone advise if OVO are accepting new customers?

Will I be able to add the charge anytime to my account once I have transferred? Is it 10P per KwH?

Thanks for any advice

icon

Best answer by speuk 16 March 2023, 14:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes they are accepting new customers. I moved to OVO on February 15th then when both meters were activated on OVO I was able to add Charge Anytime on 17th February 

You will either a compatible charger OR a compatible car see here https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime-cars-and-chargers

Badge +1

Thanks so assuming I am ok with a Q4 e tron?

Am I correct in thinking the rate is 10p flat rate to charge any time of the day? So is it they just charge you for all the kw you use then credit back what was used for the car?

Thanks 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Updated on 01/11/23 by Tim_OVO: As of the 1st November 2023, Charge Anytime now offers  7p per kWh for smart charging. See this eligibility list to check if you have an eligible smart charger OR vehicle, that can be used with Charge Anytime via ‘Direct to vehicle’ with any smart charger. 

Yes they are accepting new customers. I moved to OVO on February 15th then when both meters were activated on OVO I was able to add Charge Anytime on 17th February 

You will either a compatible charger OR a compatible car see here https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime-cars-and-chargers

Thanks so assuming I am ok with a Q4 e tron?

Am I correct in thinking the rate is 10p flat rate to charge any time of the day? So is it they just charge you for all the kw you use then credit back what was used for the car?

Thanks 

Yes, it is a type of use tariff rather than time of use tariff. 

You set min and max charge levels. If you plug in with a soc below min yhe car will start charging immediately but at normal tariff once above min level it will smart charge when demand for energy is low and reach your maximum soc at the time required. 

On my Taycan Charge Anytime sends a series of profiles and timers to the car to manage the charging. They sometimes seem odd but they work and you can work out the logic it is using.

You get a credit on your bill which brings the cost of smart charging kwh down to 10p/kwh

Unlike Octopus there is no premium on standard tariff which for me is 32.59p/kwh