Solved

Linking my OVO account to Tado Smart Thermostats

• 3 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Good morning, I saw something about linking your OVO account to my Tado smart thermostats. How do I do that? I bought them separately as I needed wired thermostats rather than wireless. ThanksĀ 

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 3 January 2023, 12:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @bennett_saraĀ ,

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s possible if you didnā€™t get the Tado via OVO. Iā€™ll ask @Tim_OVOĀ for you to check. Bear with us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HiĀ @bennett_saraĀ did you look atĀ the compatibility guide?Ā https://www.ovoenergy.com/guides/energy-guides/tado-smart-thermostat-compatibility
It does depend on your boiler and system and also needs the kit to be wired into your existing equipment.Ā 
Just another point is that this piece of kit provides controls for your boiler, not a direct link to OVO so itā€™s the connection to the boiler that you need doing

Hi, the thermostats are already wired in and working. Ā I want to connect my 2 accounts to support managing my energy usage more efficiently. ThanksĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, the thermostats are already wired in and working. Ā I want to connect my 2 accounts to support managing my energy usage more efficiently. ThanksĀ 

Not sure that I understandĀ @bennett_sara. The smart thermostat simply controls the boiler more efficiently and the boiler uses power provided by your energy supply. There is no link possible or required for this to work but it willĀ hopefully save energy for you

Userlevel 7

Hi @bennett_saraĀ and thanks for asking this.Ā 

Ā 

I can confirm that in order to link up your Tado smart thermostat to your OVO online account, you wouldā€™ve needed to purchase the Tado through OVO. If you do this, you get these additional benefits as well as everything Tado as to offer (FYI @BPLightlog):

Ā 

• Personalized heat saving tips

• See how much your heating costs you each day

• See exactly how much it costs to heat your home

See this Tado OVO product page for more information!