Solved

How can I find out how much I've been paid by exporting energy from my solar panels with the Feed-In Tariff?

• 19 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is there a way of finding out how much electricity I am producing with my solar panels ? Or how much I have been paid so far in FIT Meter readings ? 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 20 July 2022, 10:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/12/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi @Donalmartyn and thanks for posting this!

There’s a few bits to this question. Let me unpack it. 

If you’re on the ‘feed in tariff’ (FIT), the rates and prices are universal, your fit provider will ask you for readings from both your generation meter and export meter. 

If you’re on the smart export guarantee (SEG), your SEG provider can offer different rates and prices. You only need to provide the export meter reading for this. We’ve made an FAQ here: 

@EverythingNeedsAUserName @PeterR1947 @Simonsalad can I ask for your advice on these statements, how level of detail, what format are they usually sent in with different providers?

If you’re new to the house and need to let the FIT / SEG provider know about it, see this topic: 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Here’s a typical FIT Statement, the financial details are on page 1 which i haven’t scanned

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The FIT statement from OVO used to be a snail mail letter but is now an email. There are more words but the screenshot was too big and wouldn't upload!  From submitting the numbers at the quarter end, it takes about 8 weeks to get the email and another 3 weeks before payment. Almost time for the next submission! 

Before getting the smart meter we had a "deemed export" of 50% like @PeterR1947 but actual export has been about 70%, so smart helped us a little. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Before getting the smart meter we had a "deemed export" of 50% like @PeterR1947 but actual export has been about 70%, so smart helped us a little. 

Yes, as I’m now with GE UK as part of my V2G/H trial I no longer get deemed export but it does seem to pay as the export rate is now 12p per kWh

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Before getting the smart meter we had a "deemed export" of 50% like @PeterR1947 but actual export has been about 70%, so smart helped us a little. 

Yes, as I’m now with GE UK as part of my V2G/H trial I no longer get deemed export but it does seem to pay as the export rate is now 12p per kWh

That's a big jump from 3.9p! Nearly as much as my rate for generation and more than double my export rate. 

Your generation rate for March 21 of 55p compared to my 14p suggests a far earlier installation than my 2015. An early adopter 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That's a big jump from 3.9p! Nearly as much as my rate for generation and more than double my export rate. 

Your generation rate for March 21 of 55p compared to my 14p suggests a far earlier installation than my 2015. An early adopter 👍

Yes, my panels were installed in 2011, paid for the installation by January 2020 and £4,300 profit to date, I currently receive 56p per kWh generated, index linked for the next 14 years.  Best investment I ever made!