Solved

How can I arrange paying for TADO smart thermostat in instalments via my OVO online account?

Hi 

I have an offer on my ovo account for a Tado smart meter for £120 which can be paid up front or in interest free instalments. However, when I go to pay it doesn't give the option for instalments. Has anyone managed to take up this offer and paid in instalments? I have emailed ovo a couple of weeks ago and had no reply.

Thanks in advance :)

Natasha 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 6 July 2022, 13:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @Natasha11 !

I think most of the forum volunteers like myself are probably going to struggle with this one, so I’ve gone ahead and asked @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO for help.

Userlevel 7

Yep thanks for flagging this, @Natasha11 

I’ve asked the team that looks after this Tado offer online to take a look. I’ll be back here with an update when I have one!

Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/12/23 by Abby_OVO

Back here with an update as promised. I’ve been advised that:

All customers can make a one-off card payment for their Tado smart thermostat, and some customers will also be given the option to spread the cost over a 12-month period and have it added to their monthly energy bill. Eligibility for monthly payments include:

• They must be on a fixed tariff for their energy
  • They must have an existing Direct Debit set up
  • They must have 3+ months left on their gas contract
  • Their predicted End of Contract Balance (EOCB) must be > £50

The retail price for the thermostat is £199.00, but OVO customers can benefit from a discounted price of £72.00.

Does any of those criteria identify your account, @Natasha11?

Thanks so much Tim, it now makes sense as I am on a variable rate so wouldn't be eligible.

Thanks for your help,

Natasha