News

Get a Zero Emission Boiler installed in your home for free

Get a Zero Emission Boiler installed in your home for free
Userlevel 7

Join our Neat Heat trial

We’re running this trial in collaboration with UK Power Networks and tepeo. The Neat Heat trial aims to explore the role of ‘Zero Emission Boilers’ (ZEB®) in the transition to zero carbon heating.

Why is this trial important?

The way we heat our homes accounts for 17% of the UK’s carbon emissions. That’s a huge percentage and electrification of heat is important to help bring that figure down.

We’ve led a few trials that test heat pumps as a solution to help our customers transition to zero carbon heating. However, we know that heat pumps aren’t suitable for all homes.

This trial will help test an alternative solution for those homes - helping us to ensure that no one is left behind during this transition.

What do customers get for joining this trial?

We’re looking for 30 customers to take part. These 30 customers will get:

• A tepeo Zero Emission Boiler (ZEB®) worth up to £7,500 – provided and installed for free by tepeo¹

• Neat Heat credits that let you charge your ZEB® at a cheaper rate of 12p per kWh²

Am I eligible? 

If you’re interested, you’ll need to meet certain criteria to be picked for the trial, which include:

• Being a homeowner in South East England or East England

• Having a smart meter opted in to half hourly reads – or agreeing to having one installed with half hourly reads

• Being on our Simpler Energy Plan 

• Having a hot water cylinder

For full eligibility criteria, you can check out the trial terms.

How to apply

If you’d like to find out more about this trial and register your interest head on over to our website.

Can I talk to other trialists?

If you’re part of this Neat Heat trial, you can join our Smart Home trials private group. 

This group brings customers testing smart home technology together, including this trial. It’s the perfect space to share your experience or ask any questions to others in your position. So if you join the trial we’ll see you there!

Got any questions?

If you’ve got any questions about the trial, feel free to pop them in this post and we’ll get back to you!

Important information:

1 A standard install is free of charge. For non-standard installs, tepeo might make extra charges. They’ll let you know if there’ll be any extra charges after your home survey. tepeo will be responsible for supplying and installing the ZEB®. Please see their terms and conditions for more information.

2 Please see our Neat Heat credits terms and conditions for more information.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sounds like an excellent opportunity for a few lucky customers! I thoroughly recommend looking into it.

If you want to find out a little more about Tepeo this video from the Fully Charged team explains how the system works 

Userlevel 7

Agreed Neal. Nice video, Robert’s eco home is amazing!

Has anyone here applied yet? Robert’s set the standard but this is your chance to catch up! 

That’s a pity - we just had a new gas boiler fitted in summer with a larger water tank 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

An interesting read/look and trying to understand how this works. Not available for us currently but worth noting for future reference along with hydrogen systems.

Userlevel 7

We’ll have a few forum members trialing this tepeo boiler in 2023. One’s signed up already but has so far been a bit shy. Keen to hear about their experiences this year!

Badge +2

Please can you add me to the dedicated Tepeo group - I’m on the trial. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Please can you add me to the dedicated Tepeo group - I’m on the trial. Thanks.

It might be useful to request here

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/groups/smart-home-trialists-154

Badge +2

Thanks - yes I’ve also done this… (perhaps being impatient).

Userlevel 7

Good to have you on the forum, @JH_BEM. I’m super keen to hear about Tepeo . I’ve just accepted your request to join the group. A bit slower than usual to respond to that as I’ve been away for a few weeks. 

Can the following members let me know if you’re also part of the Tepio trial @mitch-2003 @Przemo @MattatWhitstable @vandenm @Hazel Townsend ? You’ve all requested to join the Smart Home Trialists group...

Userlevel 7

Can the following members let me know if you’re also part of the Tepio trial @mitch-2003 @Przemo @MattatWhitstable @vandenm @Hazel Townsend ? You’ve all requested to join the Smart Home Trialists group...

Do please let me know if you’re part of an OVO Smart Home trial, such as Tepio. As soon as I know I’ll be able to accept your request to join the private group!

Badge +2

For anyone who does then get the Tepeo-ZEB installed…

have setup a group within the OVO Smart Home Trial area…
ZEBers